Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Update to My Version of the Foam Quilting Table

Update to My Version of the Foam Quilting Table

A couple of days ago, I posted a thread about My Version of the Foam Sewing and Quilting Table, but I forgot to include the “extension” that I can put in place on the left side.

I have a wonderful Portable Pressing Table that I bought from Paul’s Metal Petals (here), which is probably the handiest multi-tasking thing in my sewing room. I love this table. Usually, I set it up to the right of my chair so I can just swivel around to press a seam or whatever. When I’m machine quilting, I move it to the left side and have a makeshift arrangement to bring it level with the rest of my quilting surface.

I had one sheet of the 1-inch 24 x 48” foam leftover, so I cut it in half and stacked the pieces then wrapped it will oilcloth also. I’d used up the white oilcloth, so this piece has a funky blue and white print.

I also have one of those Sew Steady acrylic table things that I rarely use since I made the foam table. It has adjustable legs, so…..I put it on the pressing table then put the foam piece on top and adjust the little legs so that the “stack” is at the same height as the foam table. Of course, you could stack anything to reach the correct height, but I had the acrylic table and it ought to do something to earn its keep.

This setup works really well for me. I have a quilt rack at the left end of the table which keeps the quilt from falling off on that side, and a small wooden table that serves the same purpose on the back of the table (opposite the sewing machine). In this pictures, it’s somewhere under that stack of batting!

If you want to see my room much neater and in more detail, there's an old post here: My Sewing Room finally (almost) done!

Here are pictures of the pressing table and the extension "stack."

Anita
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Power Poster
    Very cool set-up! I am having way too much fun with these new features on the quick reply toolbar.

Wow!!! Very creative and functional!

Fantastic! Is that Wrapping paper covering the foam? I bet that makes the fabric just glide over the surface.
    Januari Rhodes
    26" Innova, LS, Pantovision, all on a 14' Frame

that is really neat. I love seeing how talented everyone is.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by jansquiltn View Post
    Fantastic! Is that Wrapping paper covering the foam? I bet that makes the fabric just glide over the surface.
    The cover is oilcloth. There's another post that describes it and gives a source. It does make the quilt slide really well....sometimes to well! Glad you like it!

Way cool! My DH just made me a table that is very similar to go in the RV!

Blog Entries
    Very cool set up.
    Veronica

You have a nice set-up and a lot of space in your sewing room. Way to go!
    :-)
    CAS

Love your set-up!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast