Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Wall color?  Update on sewing room >

Wall color? Update on sewing room

Wall color? Update on sewing room

Old 08-09-2014, 07:34 PM

Great space! Go with a color that makes you feel good - peaceful or happy or at home. Mine is a pale yellow.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:59 AM

Ooh, great space! My sewing room is a light (but not pastel) chartreuse-y color, with white trim. I love it every time I walk into the room. Oh yeah, and I have a big flannel design wall in a nice beige/pink/blue polka-dot. Go for what you like!!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:26 AM

I like the tan walls, myself. That's what I have in my sewing room too. Neutral without being bland, touch of color without being too specific, and just a little bit warmer than plain white.

I'm lucky though, and my sewing room gets a good deal of natural light. (Although I often find myself sewing at the extreme ends of the day...2:30AM seems to be my prime creative time, whether I get there by staying up super late or by waking up super early! LOL)
Old 08-12-2014, 11:07 AM

I have a creamy white in my sewing room. I love it. My floors are dark wood, and woodwork is bright white. I have several quilts on my walls of different colors, and they all look good with the color of the walls.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Lovely space..Use a light color to add light to your room..
Old 08-13-2014, 12:10 PM

I found some quilting theme fabric about 12 years ago but I didn't know what I was going to do with it (so, into the stash pile it went!) About 2 years later, both my children moved out, so I made one of the bedrooms into a sewing room. I used the fabric as the window decoration over blinds. I then took two of the colors from the fabric and painted three walls green and one wall red with off white trim. I also used some of the fabric and covered two bulletin boards in my sewing room which I put over my desk. Even after so many years, I still like the way it turned out and, although the room needs updating, I think I am going to keep the same colors.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3231.jpg   100_3232.jpg   100_3233.jpg  
Old 08-15-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by buntcake49 View Post
I found some quilting theme fabric about 12 years ago but I didn't know what I was going to do with it (so, into the stash pile it went!) About 2 years later, both my children moved out, so I made one of the bedrooms into a sewing room. I used the fabric as the window decoration over blinds. I then took two of the colors from the fabric and painted three walls green and one wall red with off white trim. I also used some of the fabric and covered two bulletin boards in my sewing room which I put over my desk. Even after so many years, I still like the way it turned out and, although the room needs updating, I think I am going to keep the same colors.
What a great room! It turned out beautifully! I played it safe and painted the room "Egret" a warm white. Now just waiting for the flooring to be done in a couple of weeks. Then the BIG MOVE!! I've missed sewing this summer.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:14 PM

Very nice room. Lucky lady. I think a light sand or pale gray might be nice.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:23 AM

My sewing room is a pale aqua, which is one of my top favorite colors (it's the same color as my kitchen, dining room and one of the bathrooms).
Old 08-17-2014, 06:46 PM

Dove White is a warm shade of white -- we use it for all our trim, doors, and the main bathroom. I am SO glad I used it in the bathroom as its mine, and it reflects light wonderfully well, so easier to put makeup on at 5:30 in the morning. I'd go with either a neutral white (there are lots of whites with gray, blue, yellow & pink highlights in them, which probably would be nearly as good as a neutral white) or a color that you absolutely adore, but with lots of white in it....