Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is Comic Board Panels?

I just ruler fold. Easier and cheaper for me

Blog Entries
    Click on this link and it will take you to a tutorial right here on the QB - all about folding your fabric, etc.:

Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)
    Nikki in MO

Ikea is an amazing source for storage ideas - my quilting room has one wall lined with "Billy" bookcases and I have a 16-cube 'Expedit' unit on another wall. Just DO NOT order online from them as their shipping charges are horrendously pricey!!
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
    Also wanted to mention in case you don't have bookcases or shelves to put your fabric on. We got some Kilby bookcases at IKEA and they work great. They aren't as deep (9-1/2") which worked out well and they were only $25 each.

Blog Entries
    I just go to the Joann's store and ask the ladies for the cardboard that fabric comes in on and then cut it into what ever size I want. It is free then they don't have to carry it out to the dumpster. I figure if the fabric comes on it to the stores it should be good enough for me to store mine on it and it is FREE.

I purchased my comic boards from Amazon.com. My fabric is now neat and organized on a bookcase. When I am picking out fabric for a new quilt it is so easy to pull the fabric and also to stand back and look for colors.

I couldn't figure out what comic boards were either - just happened to browse an old page and came across this message. Good tutorial also. I'll keep this in mind. Like the idea of the boards being acid free.

I love using comic boards! my stash looks so neat and organized now.
    Warning! If someone comes to your door telling you they are from the government and they're checking to see how bad the ticks are in your area, and then tell you to take off your clothes and dance around so they can check for ticks.... DON'T DO IT!!! This is a scam! They just want to see you naked! I wish someone had told me this yesterday, I feel so stupid.
    http://www.quiltdasher.blogspot.com/...bel/long%20arm

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
    Click on this link and it will take you to a tutorial right here on the QB - all about folding your fabric, etc.:

Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Thanks for this link. That was an amazing tutorial on the boards.
    Everything in life happens for a reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2