Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of lighting??

I have found that using Halogen Bulbs in regular lamps, works very well. They really put out a beautiful light that is not hot or faded.
    Prayers on the Wind
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
    The Ott lights are great. If fact JoAnns has them all 50% off thru Dec 24. I'm looking at the flyer now.
    Plus there was a flyer that came in the mail for an additional 20% off on ALL items.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    I purchased a stand up generic Ott light from Big Lots for about $26.00. Less that a fourth of the price of an Ott.
    Love it!
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

My husband just put in a 4 ft hanging flourescent light fixture over my cutting table. I use the Daytime T8 flourescent bulbs in it. What a huge difference from the overhead fan/light, corner lamp and table top Ott. No shadows on my cutting. The Ott stands next to my sewing machine. Next will be a 6 ft. over my mid arm and a 2 ft. over my machine. Key is the daytime bulbs, they are just like the Ott. Good luck.

T.
    I just have the light "tree", they are not expensive at all; and put in the new (spiral) cool, day light bulbs. That works very well. I hate to have to buy the Ott light, then you'd have to buy those special light bulbs.

I have flourescent ceiling lights, a floor ott lamp and a desk ott lamp, and I think it's great - especially with my old eyes that don't see so well close-up any more. And yes, daylight flourescent bulbs for true colors.

The Ott lights seem to have the brightest light w/o all the heat. I have one and love it and want to get another. I haven't been able to go for the sale I had eyelid surg and you just can't do everything especially while you have the stitches in. I'm glad to hear the sale is still on maybe I can still get there I would love to have the floor standing one and move my other to the side of my sewing machine because the one I have like you feel like I'm sun tanning and it's not fun. Good Luck. Sue

I bought just the light bulbs from Joann's. I am moving into my sewing room in the basement. Wanted as much "natural" daylight as possible.

I got one from Menards for 20.00. it is very similar to the ott.

Me too same set up.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie 1940 View Post
    I have florescent in/on the ceiling for entire room brightening and an Ott next to my machine, pressing and cutting area for directional lighting. The best of both because you can shut the Otts off that you don't need. Charlie
    Sewbeadit
    Montesano, Washington

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast