Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Where oh where can it be??????

Some things have permanent places in my sewing room; places where they belong. When I clean, they get put back where they belong. Projects can get lost, though.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltNama View Post
    Yea, I resemble that cleaning remark. Like you, one day it seems this is the perfect place for that something and the next, well who knows. Organizing is like stringing beads with no knot on the end.........
    I just love the stringing beads part of your post! So true, so true!!
    SittingPretty

Organizing: I did it once each year since we moved here 4 yrs ago. And try to put things away. There are a few things that still don't have a home. And there's the new things I buy. When I can't find something, I call DH-he's a wiz at finding my things. We work as a team trying to keep me organized.

I'm this way about absolutely everything. The more necessary or important an item is, the more likely I am to put in some "special" or "safe" place where I will never remember to look! I just can't seem to shake loose of this problem. I need to put a sign on the wall in every room of the house: Before putting it away, ask "Where would I be most likely to look if I needed this?"
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

I know the feeling. I know exactly where it was but have no idea where it is.

Sort of --but I find that when I organize I can usually find what I want. It's all the little stuff, pouncer, paint sticks, graph paper--I have a place for my fabric, yarn etc. And the small stuff, keeps moving around, with labels. Also things that should have been put away in a specific place sometimes doesn't get put back!
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    WOW, WOW, AND WOW AGAIN. I don't feel so bad at all. I've been trying to get mine organized, set up and still looks like a catchall. Just gonna go to my friends house this afternoon and have a conversation with the Baileys and be done with it.

Believe me, you are definitely not alone! When I do organize, it seems that it only takes 10 minutes to destroy what I spent 2 days putting together. I have almost decided to leave it as is!

where's the "LIKE" button!?! I agree with all these remarks .....
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

No, I have the same problem. On top of it all I keep on opening up the same old cabinet looking for the items that used to be there. LOL
    Anna Quilts

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast