Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
14th Annual  Quilt Across Texas Sept 1 - Sept 30th >

14th Annual Quilt Across Texas Sept 1 - Sept 30th

14th Annual Quilt Across Texas Sept 1 - Sept 30th

Old 08-10-2011, 06:41 AM

I bought my Guide book for the Quilt Across Texas for 5.00 and you get a 5.00 coupon good at any of the shops. SO win..win..

It starts Sept 1 and you have the whole month to shop hop and visit the stores.

You get a center panel and then at each store something free to go with it like a block, etc. They cannot sell the center until Sept 1.

You also have your Passport on the back of the book to have stamped as you go....you do not have to go to all stores.

89 shops are included.

So get the carpools ready to go.....

I think we have 4 already for a carpool. And we can go several times a month. GOtta load up on the batteries for my camera and plan my routes via hours etc per day. LOL.

Let's go girls!!!!!!!!!!!! And Gents

Book wtih passport on back and everything you need to know
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239507[/ATTACH]

Map showing the stores. OUr area only. The whole state is doing it. Texas is BIG!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239508[/ATTACH]

The TExas Panel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239509[/ATTACH]

This is waht Sue at the Peach Tree Shop has started for her quilt to show during the month Yes she gave us permission to show it on the QB
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239510[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239501.jpe   attachment-239502.jpe   attachment-239503.jpe   attachment-239504.jpe  
Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 AM

I can't wait. Hope to hit quite a few. We will be driving to the Panhandle going thru Central Texas and back home thru N. Texas. Hopefully we will find a little cool weather along the way. I haven't told DH about the shop hop part of the trip yet..lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 AM

Sew funny. Most hubby's just don't even try to fight it. They love us. Have fun. WOuld love to know where you stop and shop. Pictures? We can all keep up on this thread.

Make this a quilting bus. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239546[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239540.gif  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 AM

I had planned to do it and had even mapped out my region - the Gulf Coast - to do on three different weekends - one of those would have to be an over-nighter. Then got a wedding invitation for central Texas on Sept. 24, remembered we keep a grandboy while our son works on the 1st and 3rd weekends, and have a Farmer's Wife Club meeting on the 2nd Saturday. Husband's and daughter's birthdays are both in September so we'll be celebrating them sometime during the month - that's another weekend. So ... don't know that I'll even try to start it. I noticed our region has 14 shops where most have 11 and we're WAY spread out - from Corpus Christi almost to Louisiana. I'll check it out again at my LQS today - if you don't have to do all the shops to turn in something I may still do a few. This Going to Work thing sure gets in the way of my life!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 AM

You don't have to visit them all. I asked. But the more you visit the more free blocks and prizes you get. You can read all about it in the book. YOur LQS should have it. Hope you get to some anyway.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:51 AM

Okay - if you can just pick and chose I may try it. That wedding isn't far from the BEST quilt shop in New Braunfels - The Quilt Haus. I really need an excuse to go back in there.

My husband enjoys them. He likes to help other people pick out their fabric! He's a Budget Buster, though, so as nice as it is, I have to rein him in.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:04 AM

So funny. Next time my hubby says he is bored...he's taking me shop hopping. LOL We might even take an over nighter and taht's a good excuse. He loves to drive and stop adn see things so win..win... I have to get busy and map out the stores in the book too. SO exciting. My first big hop.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:14 PM

Okay - I picked up my passport. Where did you find that neat little map of your region?

I'll get my $5 out of it and have fun at a shop or two, but to qualify for the cool prizes you have to:
Visit all the shops in one region and at least four shops in 7 regions (28 shops) for the 3 Grand Prize drawings

Visit all the shops in one region and at least one shop in 7 regions for the basic statewide prizes.

Visit all the shops in one region for regional level prizes.

If I visit all 14 shops in my region (8) the drawing is for a new sewing machine valued at $2,400, $100 shopping spree from each of the 14 shps, a quilt kit values at $100+ from each of the 14 shops, a free git with each passport stamped.

I have a doc appt Sept 21 - wonder if there's a quilt shop near the doc office!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Google Goddess

wow, that sounds like a lot of fun

Everyone enjoy it!

Wonder who will see the most shops.

Also maybe anyone going on this pin a piece of fabric to your top with a name tag (your quilting board name) and see who you run into

take your cameras!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:41 PM

I want to play too.