Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Anyone ever get tired enough that they >

Anyone ever get tired enough that they

Anyone ever get tired enough that they

Old 01-29-2011, 01:57 PM

go on and sew up blocks even though you've cut them wrong?
I used a template to cut out a lot of blocks, then misplaced it
(a nice name for put it down and don't know where the heck it
is now) made a new template but didn't realize it was the wrong size. Too tired to measure correctly.

Then, when I put them on my bed to see what kind of binding it wanted, the difference immediately became clear. Snarling at it didn't do a thing except to make my cats round eyed and slink away from their Maddened Mamma. So Jack the Ripper and I got much better acquainted, again. I've come to dislike this kids' quilt and will never, ever make another one of this type.

Except I'll have to use up the many "wrong" sizes in another child's quilt, too many to waste.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Banned

You are living my quilting life!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Ramona, I don't mean to laugh at your mistakes but you tell it in such a funny way!!! hahahahaha :D:D:D
Old 01-29-2011, 03:28 PM

Oh welcome to my world. I have been working on one of my daughters quilt since last summer. I have taken it apart so many times that I wonder if its going to last through its first wash. But I keep working on it, THANKFULLY I am almost finish now. At this point if its even or not she is putting on her bed and love it too.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:30 PM

Ohhh sounds like a bad Quilting day, yep! been there done that. Lost the ripper the other day ;) grrr nothin like rippin with a pin :)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:49 AM

Boy don't tell everyone that quilters are related to JACK THE RIPPER???? Ramona I Love to read your post but keep this a secret.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 AM

Been there, done that. Just last night I started to sew a crazy quilt block I had already sewn.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Thank you for sharing your bad days, cutting and measuring mistakes with me for it gives me courage to keep trying when I mess something up. I'm so new to quilting but not sewing that I beat myself and think I'm just to dumb to master all these new techniques. I thank you, thank you and thank you again.

You are my quilting angels...Andie :D
Old 01-30-2011, 05:20 PM

[quote=desertrose]Thank you for sharing your bad days, cutting and measuring mistakes with me for it gives me courage to keep trying when I mess something up. I'm so new to quilting but not sewing that I beat myself and think I'm just to dumb to master all these new techniques. I thank you, thank you and thank you again.
------------------------
Nobody is stupid here, we all have bad days. Me, myself, I can't love math and never did, but have gotten to age 77 by careful counting on my fingers and now I love calculators!!! And when I wind up with a lot of extra fabric, then I start thinking of a crazy quilt!!!

Child, this old gal has had a lot of ripping to do but that small quilt is going to be done, one of these days. And my daughter had darn well tell me how her grandkids cry to visit just so they can wrap up in Granny's ice cream quilt to watch TV.
But the worst part of it is the subliminal suggestion "Buy Ice Cream" and of course "EAT ICE CREAM" and darned if I didn't step on the scales and gained..uh, well, over the holidays I gained and now am trying to lose..uh..pounds.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:24 PM

Have to say that I just made a patriotic quilt for family member. As I was sewing 4 of the half square triangles into the block I noticed that I had sewn the fabric with wrong side out. I really didn't notice until the block wa completed and the rows were ready to be put together. Guess what--I left them alone. Only I will notice since it was white-on-white and I think with the quilting noone but me will notice. I am definitely not obsessive about minor mistakes and just laugh them off.