Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Anyone going to the NW Quilt Expo in Portland, OR?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    332
    I'll be there on Friday 9-1 as a volunteer. I will probably either be selling raffle tickets for our guild or a white glove lady. If you are willing to volunteer 4 hours you get free admission and a very up-close view of the quilts!

  2. #12
    Member 02ba quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marion, Oregon
    Posts
    78
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I'll be there on Friday 9-1 as a volunteer. I will probably either be selling raffle tickets for our guild or a white glove lady. If you are willing to volunteer 4 hours you get free admission and a very up-close view of the quilts!
    I can't be there Friday as we play pinochle then.

  3. #13
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by greaterexp
    I didn't realize this was going on. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll see if there is any way I could manage to come. Have you been before? Would you say it was worth it? Do you have a link for information? Thanks very much!
    Here's the website:

    http://www.nwquiltingexpo.com

    You would love it. INCREDIBLE quilt show, good classes, and of course lots of vendor booths. It's my little get-away each year.

  4. #14
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ba quilter
    Would love to get together for coffee or whatever
    The hours are 9am-5pm on Saturday. Want to meet up around 10:30? Or would mid-afternoon be better . . . maybe 2:30ish?

  5. #15
    Super Member greaterexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Here's the website:

    http://www.nwquiltingexpo.com

    You would love it. INCREDIBLE quilt show, good classes, and of course lots of vendor booths. It's my little get-away each year.[/quote]
    Thanks for the link! It does look wonderful. It may be worth a drive up from Southern Oregon even for just one day. I'm working on it!

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    35
    I'll know this Friday if I will be able to be there. It looks like a few of us will be there: "Sew Cornie" "Shuterl" "BrendaY" and O2ba quilter".

    If I can go I'm all for meeting up. Can we set up a time and exact place to meet at the eating area there?

  7. #17
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by jadet
    I'll know this Friday if I will be able to be there. It looks like a few of us will be there: "Sew Cornie" "Shuterl" "BrendaY" and O2ba quilter".

    If I can go I'm all for meeting up. Can we set up a time and exact place to meet at the eating area there?
    Sounds good to me. My only obligation is the Threads class (12:30-2:15). How about meeting 11:00? Or if afternoon is better . . . 2:30?

  8. #18
    Member 02ba quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marion, Oregon
    Posts
    78
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Quote Originally Posted by jadet
    I'll know this Friday if I will be able to be there. It looks like a few of us will be there: "Sew Cornie" "Shuterl" "BrendaY" and O2ba quilter".

    If I can go I'm all for meeting up. Can we set up a time and exact place to meet at the eating area there?
    Sounds good to me. My only obligation is the Threads class (12:30-2:15). How about meeting 11:00? Or if afternoon is better . . . 2:30?
    I think I would like 10:30 or 11:00 am Sat. anyone else?

  9. #19
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    This thread has been buried for a while. Let's see if we can drum up any extra interest here.

    A couple of us are planning to meet for coffee this Saturday morning in the eating area of the expo hall. We've suggested a time of 10:30-11:00am to meet, but ought to narrow that down in the next day or two. We'd love to have more board members come join us!

    If you haven't been before, the Expo is so great! Dozens and dozens of vendors and an incredible jaw-dropping display of quilts. My DH printed out a $2 off admission coupon on K103's website. You may want to check it out if you haven't pre-purchased your ticket already.

  10. #20
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,246
    Blog Entries
    194
    you all have fun at the show!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.