Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone live on this route?

Anyone live on this route?

Sitting in the hospital has got me thinking, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE i'd like to take a road trip next month to see a very good friend in Council Bluff Iowa, I live in Dallas Texas.

So I'm wondering if anyone lives along the route I would take? We'll headed North through Oklahoma, (Norman, Edmond & Ok. CIty) up through Kansas, (Wichita, & Topeka) to Nebraska (Omaha) final destination, CB, Iowa.

I'd love to take a break, meet for coffee and meet up with you, maybe go to your LQS if you have one you like. If you'd like to meet up please let me know. IF we head that way, I'll be sure and let you know.

This would be fun!!!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

When I'm looking for a quilt store along my travel route, I google "quilt stores near I-whatever" and things will pop up. I will look at the store's website to see what the store looks like and make a decision. I then kick myself for not buying the Quilter's Companion book that advertises alot of quilt stores in all the states.

As always - call ahead to make sure they're still open and verify hours.

I have friends that live near Omaha and looking forward to going out there and antique/quilt store hopping some day.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I am in Leavenworth home to Quilters Corners. You will be coming through Topeka on I 70 East and can take the Leavenworth exit.....we could visit and fabric shop a bit, there is an old time soda fountion in the drug store across the street and then I could guide you on to Interstate 29 North that goes straight into CB!!!!!! Sounds like a plan in my book....just let me know!

What a great idea!!
    I hope you can meet up with lots of 'quilting buddies' and make some new friends.
    Have a wonderful trip and please document.. with photos also.. and share with the rest of us.
    Dona

I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
    you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
    identify their corporate sponsors.

Sorry, I'm not along your route! I live in Kansas but the last town in the NW corner.
    Sounds like fun.
    I will remember this idea next time I am traveling somewhere!
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by gramadona View Post
    What a great idea!!
    I hope you can meet up with lots of 'quilting buddies' and make some new friends.
    Have a wonderful trip and please document.. with photos also.. and share with the rest of us.
    I'm working on my PHD
    (Projects Half Done)

I love your PHD definition!
    Mary

Blog Entries
    I am in Illinois and would love for you to come on a little further!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL