To anyone living in Hawaii

Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 PM

Hi, I will be in Honolulu from Jan 10 - 13th and was wondering if anyone could direct me to some quilt shops...I don't think there is one in the big mall, but I think there is a fabric mart....After the 13th, we are flying to Kauai, which I believe I found all the fabric shops there last year...but any information is greatly appreciated...I will have plenty of time to roam the shops in Kauai as we are there from Jan 14th - Feb. 17th...

Thanks so much....
Old 01-07-2011, 04:46 AM

I don't live in Hawaii but just returned from two weeks vacation in Honolulu. The shops are listed in the phone book - my daughter and I visited the Fabric Mart (very reasonable prices) and a really small but exellent shop. We went to two other shops, but classes where in session so it was hard to look. They are listed in the phonebook, but be sure to bring your GPS. Have fun.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Fabric Marts located on Oahu. Not sure but might have 3 store locations. Check the phone book.....Honolulu store (closest to Waikiki), Pearl City/Aiea, and Kaneohe. Wal-Marts still have fabrics but the the stores are downsizing or have downsized. The best store for fabrics at this time is the Honolulu (Keaaumoku store) located closest to Waikiki. Kaimuki Dry Goods....very pretty selections on fabrics but very pricey. LQS....check the phone book.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:39 PM

We went to the flea market at the stadium and I found lots of fabric there.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 PM

Thanks, also, for the update as I'll be there for three weeks in Feb. Wished I lived in HI...perfect weather:)
Old 01-12-2011, 10:43 PM

There is one vendor at the swap meet at the stadium that carries aloha/Hawaiian prints, good prices too...
Old 01-15-2011, 10:03 AM

When shopping the Swap Meet, check all the prices before you buy. You can find one place that has great prices, but go a bit further down, find the same thing for less. Just a word of advice.

As to fabric buying in shops....
Fabric Mart in Pearl City, right behind/beside Cutter Ford. I loved that place...their cuts are great.
Walmart is good, but I liked the Pearl City store best. Been a few years since I shopped there, but I'm sure since Oahu isn't that big, you can hit all the Walmarts and check.
Kaimuki Drys Goods....OMG! LOVE THAT PLACE!! I would tell the women there that they were evil because I always bought more than I had expected to buy. lol
Kuni Island Fabrics on King Street, not far from downtown is a nice little store. If you go too fast, you'll sail right by it. It's right next to a flower shop and I think you have to turn right onto University (if headed Diamondhead bound) and then quickly turn right into the parking lot.
The Calico Cat is a great little shop too. It's on Koko Head .. (808) 732-3998 Give them a call and they'll give you purrfect directions to get to them.

These were my favorite places I would go to when I lived there and then would go back to when I went to visit.