Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Attention Norman, Oklahoma area quilters! >

Attention Norman, Oklahoma area quilters!

Attention Norman, Oklahoma area quilters!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:12 AM

We are having a week of come and go/sit and sew/quilting bee next week, Tues. June 28, Wed. June 29 and Thurs. June 30, 2011. Come and visit, sit and sew and enjoy the lazy days of summer with quilting friends!

The location is:

The Aging Services of Cleveland County
329 S Peters
Norman, Oklahoma
Open 8:00 - 4:30.
Cost for the use of the room is .50 per person each day you attend.

Plan to come all three days or just pop in for a few hours! Bring a sack lunch or plan to visit one of the local restaurants. McNellie's on Main Street has one of the best hamburgers around with pub fries or sweet potato fries! There is a popular coffee shop on Gray Street just west of Porter called The Gray Owl. If you have young teens that are showing an interest in quilting, bring them along! One of my quilter friends said she might drag her husband along because he has shown an interest in quilting since he has retired! Bring some of your finished (or works in progress) projects for show and tell!

Vanessa
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215280.jpe   attachment-215281.jpe  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 AM

Darn! I was just in Purcell and it would have been so easy for me to swing up to Norman. Do you post future dates in advance or is there an email list I can sign up for? I go to Purcell frequently to visit Mom and then in the fall, I'm in Norman for football games...
Old 06-22-2011, 10:38 AM

This is the first time we have done this. If there is enough interest, it might be continued.
I'll be there during this time because I'll be in Norman during my dgd camp at OU flight Academy... it's too expensive to drive from Edmond to Norman 2x a day for 5 days...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:49 PM

If there is enough interest we might plan to meet more often. This is the first time we've tried a meeting in Norman. Bring your ideas and thoughts when you come next week! We can focus our meetings around lessons or just casual sit and sew sessions. It can be more structured or more casual. I've taught quilting, sewing, heirloom sewing, smocking, knitting, crocheting, beading, etc...so I don't mind giving lessons on any skill or technique that someone would like to learn. If you would like something taught next week or need help with a project or technique just send me a message and I'll see what I can do! I've never been to this building before but at only $0.50 per person per day, it seemd like a bargain! So...bring your friends, brings your sewing, brings your projects to share and be prepared to sit, visit and sew with other quilters!

Vanessa
Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 AM

UPDATE: The picture posted on the website is incorrect! The address is 329 S. Peters. Park in the back (east side) and enter through the double doors. This building is wheel chair accessible! Once you enter the building you will see an elevator on the right that you can take to the (G) ground floor OR you can take the short flight of stairs directly in front of you down and it's the room on the right. There are plenty of tables and plug-in's for everyone to be able to sit and sew or use the tables to cut out or layer and baste quilts!

We have the room Today (June 28) Tomorrow (June 29) and Thursday (June 30) from 9am to 2:30pm.

I am sorry but a last minute work obligation will prevent me from being there today or tomorrow but I will be there Thursday! Enjoy your time and let me know how your day went and if you need changes! Leotta will be there with her mother all three days!

Vanessa
Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 PM

Just got in from going to Norman... had a wonderful time sewing and meeting a lot of new people... although none from here...
There is interest from the general population of seniors that frequent the Norman Senior Center for sewing/quilting.
I will be there again from 9 - 3:00. The Center is really nice and if you tire of sewing, you can join the games upstairs or one of the other activities.
Come join the fun.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, have lots of fun and hope you meet other Quilt Board members there

Originally Posted by Leota
Just got in from going to Norman... had a wonderful time sewing and meeting a lot of new people... although none from here...
There is interest from the general population of seniors that frequent the Norman Senior Center for sewing/quilting.
I will be there again from 9 - 3:00. The Center is really nice and if you tire of sewing, you can join the games upstairs or one of the other activities.
Come join the fun.