Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Block Party is heading to Portland, OR March 20-23, 2013! $500 for 3 days???!!!!

Blog Entries

Block Party is heading to Portland, OR March 20-23, 2013! $500 for 3 days???!!!!

Is it worth paying this much for an event? I have never been to one but the price seems VERY high. Please share your experiences and was it worth it?
    Thank you,
    Becky
    http://www.quiltmaker.com/events/Qui...MPortlandEvent
    It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves.

I think it is a bit high, I would want more information about what classes are being held and if I was interested in any.

Blog Entries
    I saw that and thought it was high too. :/
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

commercial vs reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyB View Post
    Is it worth paying this much for an event? I have never been to one but the price seems VERY high. Please share your experiences and was it worth it?
    Thank you,
    Becky
    http://www.quiltmaker.com/events/Qui...MPortlandEvent
    This price is similar to the one quoted by the Ricky Tims traveling seminar, and I agree it's too high. These are generally sales events not intended for everyone. By the way, Bonnie Hunter classes are already sold out; she's presumably the main draw. You can see the classes by finding the relevant link. If you don't recognize the quilter's name, you can check them on the internet.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all your help! I thought it was a bit high. Maybe I will just do a local class, on what I want to learn!
    It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves.

The Ricky Tim's traveling seminars are $225 each or if you book two or more persons $199 each. Much less than the $500 Portland event. His are also 3 days.

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    I think not...Too Expensive to just meet a couple people that Quilt. Sorry but he's a pretty expensive date for not being able to have a 1 on 1 with him. Also seems to me that this is their opportunity to sell you something that is overpriced. Kinda like when we drove up to the Sewing Expo in Puyallup,Washington. The inexpensive "classes" were live infomercials for their products. Oh and there were 300 people in the "class" so even if you did want to meet the artist you never got to.
    Plus this doesn't seem to include your room and most of your meals either. So there's another few hundred dollars that you could spend at FabricDepot.
    Not worth it in my opinion...
    Last edited by Colbaltjars62; 02-19-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Lack of planning on your part does NOT nessessitate an emergency on my part.
    Faith :-D

Well worth it--when I went to HMQS--it cost me well over that because classes were seperate