Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Boulder, CO quilt shops -are there any good ones? >

Boulder, CO quilt shops -are there any good ones?

Boulder, CO quilt shops -are there any good ones?

Old 07-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Default Boulder, CO quilt shops -are there any good ones?

Hi, friends! I will be visiting Boulder July 15-17th, mostly to drive my mom around to graveyards and such (her parents and other relatives are buried there), but I hope to visit a shop or two if I have time. We are also going to Breckenridge on the 17th and would love to shop, but am not holding out much hope as it is a ski resort!

Wish I had more time...we are going to Scottsbluff, NE the 12th-14th, then Boulder, then Breckenridge the 17th - 21st to hold a family reunion. It's going to be noisy. New fabric would soothe my soul, so I hope to find some!

Margaret F
Old 07-07-2014, 03:44 AM

I googled and found one at 2023 17th St in downtown Boulder. It states that it carries contemporary fabric, but on looking at the website, I saw a lot that would make me happy. The name of the store is Fabricate.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:39 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out!
Old 07-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Elfrith's fine fabric (spelling might not be correct) has beautiful fabrics. North of McGuckin's Hardware store.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:01 PM

Hi Margaret, I think you have the names of the ones I know about in Boulder, but about 20 miles north of Boulder iin Longmont is the Quilt Colorado 2014 conference going on at the time you mentioned. Go to their webpage for info, I know there are venders there and also free lectures available even to walk-in visitors on Thursday. Several shops in the surrounding area also. Go to Row by Row for info on Scottsbluff. At least one shop there, don't know about Breckenridge. Have a good trip. Kathy in NE Colo
Old 07-08-2014, 08:21 PM

Score! Thank you all so much!! I will have to go to the quilt show on the Thursday morning, as we are driving to Breckenridge in the afternoon. There will be no way on earth to take it all in in such a short time, but I will try my darndest (also will have to pawn my mother off onto my DS and BIL, but that will probably work. Maybe I can check out the Boulder stores on Wednesday. It's such fun to go on vacation nowadays - I ditch the relatives and head for the quilt shops!