Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Challenge for All Quilting Board Members to set up Meet and Greets in your areas >

Challenge for All Quilting Board Members to set up Meet and Greets in your areas

Challenge for All Quilting Board Members to set up Meet and Greets in your areas

Old 09-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Google Goddess

Hi,

I think it is so much fun to meet other Quilting Board members so I wanted to start this thread to challenge all of you to post a new thread in your state to get togethers with other board members and for the ones to travel out of state to the event if they live within driving distance or plan on being in the area for vacation.

This is open to all Quilting Board members to visit at any of the meet and greets. I have found the best way if someone is planning on coming to private message the hostess to let her or him know so the hostess can plan on a head count.

I also kept track on a 4 x 6 card who was coming to make it easier. I gave them my cell phone # in case they needed to call me. It was great to have the cell phone as we used it alot that day for meet and greet.

This month 8 of us met in Shipshewana, Indiana at a local quilt shop and had so much fun. I had contacted the local quilt shop ahead of time to let them know about how many was coming and they had goody bags for us. We just pinned a piece of fabric on our top so that was a cool way to know we were from the Quilting Board site. It is fun to plan things in a town that has quilt shops, antique stores, shops, and restaurants. We also called ahead to a restaurant and we got our own private room for dinner.

We had quilting board members from Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Montana and New Jersey.

I am planning another one for October 19th, in Shipshewana, Indiana and we have members driving from Michigan car pooling to come and meet us.

Just go to the section "Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions" and create a new topic (be sure to put in the subject line where the meet and greet will be ** city and state, date etc.) so others can find you.

We met at a local quilt shop (some of us met earlier in the day) so plan on a time and place to meet. It is fun to shop together, eat lunch or dinner, bring show and tell, maybe have someone to demonstrate a small quilt project or technique. You might find some new quilting friends that lives in your areas.

This would be a fun way to have monthly or several meet and greets a year in your areas. You could start our own small groups for quilters in the area for a day of fun!

Let's see how many get togethers we can have around the world for meet and greets so we can meet other Quilting Board members.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:25 PM

Oct 9th is when NE quilters are getting together. Really looking forward to it!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:06 PM

Wildyard and I are hoping to get together this coming week. This will be the first that I have met but in hopes to meet many more.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:28 PM

I can go to Shippy this time!!! :-) :-)
Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Well, I'm game!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Google Goddess

Yes, please be sure to post on the board if you are planning on a meet and greet, so much fun (be sure to start a new topic) so others can join you

Take Pictures Please :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :roll:
Old 09-20-2010, 07:38 AM

One of the other MBs has a "national" retreat every year, this being the 5th year. It has been held in different parts of the country (New England, West Coast, Houston, Phila) and 2011 is in N. Carolina. A committee is set up to book a hotel and classes, field trips, games, and contests are planned. You can even hook up with a roommate or 2 to share costs. This big one is in addition to all the smaller M&Gs held regionally. This will the first time I've been able to go and I can't wait to actually meet face to face with most of the people I've know for years thru cyberspace!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:08 PM

Oooh! I'm in NC. How can I keep up with the info on this retreat in 2011? I'm excited! Thanks!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by ekbuckeye
One of the other MBs has a "national" retreat every year, this being the 5th year. It has been held in different parts of the country (New England, West Coast, Houston, Phila) and 2011 is in N. Carolina. A committee is set up to book a hotel and classes, field trips, games, and contests are planned. You can even hook up with a roommate or 2 to share costs. This big one is in addition to all the smaller M&Gs held regionally. This will the first time I've been able to go and I can't wait to actually meet face to face with most of the people I've know for years thru cyberspace!
How do I get info on this?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:41 PM

The retreat in NC is only for members of the other MB and all the spaces have been reserved with several on a waiting list. I just wanted you all to see how friends on the net can meet!