Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chautauqua

I, too, would like to see some information on it. Let us know. I have never heard of this before.
    Marilyn

Thanks for the information, I'm going to check it out. This might be a fun trip across the country
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Great....that IS my local LQS, lol...at least one of them. I will look forward to checking it out, thanks.

http://www.millcreeksew.com/events.htm. It's awesome place to go and so many beautiful quilts. Definitely worth going there if you get a chance. Been for 3 years straight with quilt lovers, I hope to make it there again this fall before we move.

No, but I certainly willl now!!! I didn't know anything about this. Thanks for the heads
    up. I,m only about an hour from there. OOOOOH WEE!!! Please, as others have said,
    keep us posted.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

I went for the first time last and will surely go again. Wonderful displays and great vendors.

Blog Entries
    Chautauqua is the best! And the scenery is beautiful!
    Kris

Hi, I'm new. Yes I'm signed up for ELEANOR BURNS. Any suggestions on lodging? Any one from the Meadville Pa area going?

I attend and enjoy a lot! The grounds are beautiful along the lake. There is quite a bit of walking, but...., they have a lot of shuttles...if your feet get tired.

the only comment I would make is food availability could be better. Many people bring their lunch, we eat an early lunch at an area restaurant before we go into the event. I believe there is luncheon....it does fill fast.....check on the details on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrocker View Post
    Hi, I'm new. Yes I'm signed up for ELEANOR BURNS. Any suggestions on lodging? Any one from the Meadville Pa area going?
    You might try the Athenaeum Hotel to see if they have any openings. If you are not staying there, it is hard to get into their dining room for meals, as it is reserved for guests of the hotel. They sometimes have extra seating for meals, check at the front desk. I, too, am taking Eleanor Burns class. I took it when she was there a few years ago. She is so much fun! By the way, I am from the Edinboro area too!
    Last edited by quiltin-nannie; 07-29-2013 at 06:21 AM. Reason: new thought
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast