Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Chautauqua

Chautauqua

Does anyone here go to Quilting Around Chautauqua in New York in September?
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I never have but I will now--what is the venue like?

It sounds like an interesting event, wish I could attend.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

It is wonderful! My friend and I go for the weekend . There is always a quilting " name" there, teaching classes or lecturing. Last year we had Mary Ann and Mary Fons. This year is Eleanor Burns. She was there several years ago and was a hoot. There are also about 60 plus vendors. Ginny Beyer has been there as well as Kay England. It's a wonderful weekend.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I'll have to watch the LQSs here for more information, I'd love to go. Thanks--if you see anything with dates, please do post!

It sure sounds fun and that's not a long drive for us....in case you find out more, can you post the info here?
    Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

I went last year for the first time. It is sponsored by a shop in PA. www.millcreeksew.com Lots of product to view, sewing machines to try, guild displays and a good shuttle bus. Take your camara. I'll be going again.
    countrymaid- I clean up after the kids, the husband and the farm animals

I've never been (yet) but a group of ladies from my guild goes every year. They've already made reservations for next year! Here's a link:http://www.millcreeksew.com/quilting...auqua-2011.htm

Blog Entries
    I've never heard of it. I grew up in WNY and go back for an annual visit, maybe this year my visit will be in Sept.
    Marie M.

Its held the last weekend in September every year. I see where someone posted the website for Millcreek Sewing. Judy Fenton, the owner, coordinates this every year and does a fantastic job. This is the tenth year it has been held. A ton of work for Judy and her daughter Megan. It seems to get bigger and bigger every year. You can get info from the website. She will be posting Eleanor Burn's schedule in the next couple of weeks. If you need any more info than whats on the website, let me know and I can give Judy a call.
    Julie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast