Crafting "Lock In"

Old 06-14-2015, 07:30 PM

Cool Crafting "Lock In"

On Tuesday June 16th. I invite you do lock yourself in your space to craft with me and about 10 others from my smaller town in Minnesota. My girlfriend and I talked about getting together to craft, but sometimes it's more work to be mobile, so we came up with a 'lock in' our own space and then meet up for lunch at a park for a picnic lunch. This all happens this Tuesday from 8:30am and meet for lunch in Osceola, WI park at noon and then back to the crafting rooms until 4:30pm. If you live near us...come and join us, if not you can still join in on the event....it's time for you to craft and NOT to do laundry, cooking, dishes, cleaning, mowing, weeding, taking care of children, talking on the phone, surfing the internet, checking facebook, or reading unless it's part of your craft you are working on, sometimes I need to read and reread some patterns more than once!

This time is for your UFO's and such...or getting organized in your crafting space...cleaning your room would be an okay thing too.

Let me know if you are joining us...I'd love to let them know how many others and where you are from.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:31 PM

Tuesday the 16th works for me Teri . Lunch I the park sounds great...think I will stay in, temps are to be 110 here in Phoenix on Tuesday. Hope several more crafters will join your group on Tuesday.

Judy
Old 06-15-2015, 01:19 AM

Terri thanks for your invitation would have loved to join you but am going on an away day to York to visit the Quilt Museum. Kaffee Fasset has done a series of quilts which are on exhibition. If I'm not too tired in the evening I will join you the time difference will make it your evening. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:29 AM

I live in TN but I need a quilting "crafting" day. I might meet a friend for lunch too, so that works for me. Working on a 50th wedding quilt, need by July 25th.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:48 PM

Teri, I tidied up my sew room and have blocks stacked and ready to begin sewing tomorrow...I hope to post some photos of progress .

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 06-15-2015, 03:49 PM

Love that some of you can join in on the fun! Lunch or break time will be from noon until 130ish....we live a little ways from the park and ridesharing takes a bit of time. I'm hoping my morning is filled with finishing putting together 14 log cabin quilt blocks that are going to be 9 1/2" square and possibly 12 more blocks that should go together quickly. It's a Wisconsin shop hop quilt top from last fall called "Falling Leaves". Pictures to come.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:00 AM

Good morning 8 AM. Let the fun begin will check in at lunch time

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 06-16-2015, 09:19 AM

I was so busy yesterday getting ready for a friend's retirement party on our patio I didn't see this post. It's already 10:30! I'm off to my quilting room to join all of you here in WA state. I'll check back later. Great idea!!! Thanks!
Old 06-16-2015, 04:42 PM

What a fun day I had, just cleaned up my swing room and turned everything off. Made 8 - 9-1/2" blocks for one quilt and then made 5 - bitty blocks....I ran across this row quilt project, I have never made a row quilt so could not resist. I am just joining in, group started in January. I made sample blocks for the first 4 months. Thank you for organizing this, Teri

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 06-16-2015, 07:43 PM

Here was most of the MN/WI 'Lock In' group we had. One gal actually had to leave to pick up her daughter from summer school, so....not bad of a turn out of crafters!
Attached Thumbnails parkphoto.jpg