Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Daisy Festival. Stone Mountain, Ga

Anyone here going to or have a booth at the Daisy Festival in Stone Mountain, Ga? Actually I guess I am posting maybe a little late. It started today and ends this Sunday. I hope to go Saturday. I know if I get anything it won't be much. Due to not having much funds. But I want to go anyway just to see all the beautiful and new things everyone is selling.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Have fun. I lvoe quitl shows. Take pictures and share when you can. Buy lots of goodies.

I did not know of such festival!! Stone Mountain is one of my ALL TIME favorite vacation spots!!

Sadly, I am all the way in Louisiana so I will not be making the trip any time soon :-(

Gekogirl, it is every year in sept. Hopefully next year you will be able to make it.

Don't get too excited about the Yellow Daisy Festival. It's not a quilt show. Very artsy stuff, but no quilts that I remember from last year. It was hot as Haides and there must have been 30,000 people there when I was visited. That on top of having to walk a mile from the parking lot!

Quote Originally Posted by shequilts
    Don't get too excited about the Yellow Daisy Festival. It's not a quilt show. Very artsy stuff, but no quilts that I remember from last year. It was hot as Haides and there must have been 30,000 people there when I was visited. That on top of having to walk a mile from the parking lot!
    Your right I don't remember any quilts either. But there are alot of different crafts.

I live 10 minutes from Stone Mountain! Usually not a lot of quilts but tons of other goodies. It's also really packed with people. Enjoy it anyway! If you want the goods on a fun local quilt shop, check out http://www.intownquilters.com/ It's about 10 minutes away.

We went to the festival today. Didn't get anything. Though there were lots of things that I would liked to have had. I did see some of those neck coolers that some of us here make. I asked someone here a couple years ago about how much would you sell one for and I think someone said around $5.00. Well there they were selling for $14.00. They said that once you get them to swell you can put them in the microwave for 30 secs. to 1 min. and some stay warm any where from 45 min. to 1 hr. Has anyone heard of putting this in the microwave too?