Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fabric in Hamilton, Ontario?

Have a quick question. I have am going to visit my DD"s future MIL. She wants to take me to hamilton to go fabric shopping. She is not a quilter or sewer, but had heard this was the place to find fabric. It will be about a 5 hour drive. My question is, Is it worth the drive? Are there alot of places to look at? thanks for the info,
    Jackie

Do you know the name of the place she is talking about? The only store that I can think of here in Ontario would be Len's Mills but I am not sure there is one in Hamilton, I will have to check. I only live about 1 1/2 from there so I am interested to hear if there is something I don't know, I might have to make a road trip (lol)

well, All I know is My friend, Pauline, found out about this place from a friend of a friend. Pauline told me that it was blocks and blocks of fabric stores. You could find fabrics from all over the world. Since Pauline is not a sewer, I am just not sure what to think.

I guess worst case scenarios, I get to see a part of the world taht I have seen. Best case, I see a cool part of the world and come away with come really good fabric. :)

Sounds interesting. I now there is a fabric/garment district in Toronto, but I didn't know there was one it Hamilton. If you do go to it be sure to let me know what you think and what you find. As I said I am only about 75-75kms (50 miles) from there so I just might have to go sometime.

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    There are quite a few fabric shops on Ottawa Street in hamilton. I don't know if there are any that are devoted to quilting fabrics but I'm sure you will have fun trying to find them. :wink:

It is Ottawa Street in Hamilton and it is devoted pretty much to fabric stores.

They have revamped the area a lot in the last few years, and there are some antique shops now.

I know that when I was sewing garments this was the place to go.

I just haven't been to that area for awhile since I've become a quilter!

Have fun!

I am leaving in a few weeks. I can't wait to see the area. Plus living in Texas, I can't wait to feel some cooler temps. I will let you know what all I find when I get home.

well..... don't think it is any cooler up here.... cause today's high was in the lower 90's without the humidity!!!!

Have fun anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by kylenstevesmom
    well..... don't think it is any cooler up here.... cause today's high was in the lower 90's without the humidity!!!!

Have fun anyways.
    I was so looking forward to the cooler temps. Oh well it will be nice to see that part of the world...hot or cold

:D