Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going to Maggie Valley NC

in the middle of Sept. I was wondering if anyone knows of any quilt stores in the area. Addresses appreciated. CAT

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat
    in the middle of Sept. I was wondering if anyone knows of any quilt stores in the area. Addresses appreciated. CAT
    http://www.quiltersquartersnc.com/ this is right between Maggie Valley and Waynesville, closer to Maggie Valley. Lots of very nice things and samples to inspire you. I like to stop there when we vacation in the area. You can also hop on the interstate, there are some in Asheville and Hendersonville not to far, if I remember about 1/2 hr. Oh the Dellwood Rd is US19

You will enjoy this area. We go to Maggie about the Oct 12.
    There is a quilt shop on the right just before you get into Maggie Valley. I think Quilters Quaters is the name. Building looks similar to old barn type building. Be sure to eat Snappys resturant. You may want to share a plate as the protions are large.

Thanks to all that is perfect. For some reason I could not find any listing on the internet. Can't wait to visit the shop

I like fabric shop AT FANCY GAP---exit 8 on rt77 in VA right before you cross into NC. It's humble, but sure has deals! They have a web site! also have a christmas/floral/primitive store, same location! ENJOY!!

Yes it is called "Quilter's Quarter. It is a log house on the right side of the road going toward Cherokee. The ladies there are very helpful and has a great sense of humor. There is a group of ladies called the Shady Ladies that does wonderful work. It would be great if you could stay till the first weekend in Oct as they have their annual Quilt Show. If you travel on to Franklin they have two wonderful shops there also. Have fun!!!

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RCOGGINS
    Yes it is called "Quilter's Quarter. It is a log house on the right side of the road going toward Cherokee. The ladies there are very helpful and has a great sense of humor. There is a group of ladies called the Shady Ladies that does wonderful work. It would be great if you could stay till the first weekend in Oct as they have their annual Quilt Show. If you travel on to Franklin they have two wonderful shops there also. Have fun!!!

Robin
    Thank you Robin I hope I have a chance to go to all of them. But sometimes I have to do what my Husband wants to do...giggle.

Do like I tell mine----You could be at home without me and supper. ROFLOL. Just have a great time and enjoy. The weather here is cooler in the nights now and that way till around 12 so be sure to bring a sweater.

Robin

There is a fantastic quilt shop in Franklin N.C.
    It is called (A stitch in time). It is located at 23 Macon Center Drive.My best friend works there and they have the nicest owner named Maxine.You will love this shop.I promise you.It is one of the top 10 in the country. I have been to Maggie Valley also.Beautiful country!!

If you get to Maxine's you will not be far from Deb's Cat and Quilt also. Both have wonderful shop with BEAUTIFUL quilts hanging and tons of fabric. Robin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast