Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Going to Scottsdale Arizona for Christmas >

Going to Scottsdale Arizona for Christmas

Going to Scottsdale Arizona for Christmas

Old 10-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Hello everyone,
I am going to my sisters home for christmas we will be there December 23 to 28 in Scottsdale Arizona.

I am wondering of any quit shops down there that I should go visit and embroidery sales stores? I may buy myself an embroidery machine while I am down there.

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:39 AM

Youza.....you are in for a treat. I live in Gilbert which is South East of Scottsdale and have only been a quilter for a little over a year now. I am still finding great places. One of my absolute favorites is 35th Ave. Sew & Vac (two or three locations throughout the valley (these stores are jammed to the hilt with nothing but quilting cottons. Other equally good choices are Mulqueens (great fabrics at 6.95 a yard) Scrapbooking, Etc., The Cutting Edge, Quiltworks, Zoe's Trunk, The Quilter's Ranch, Sally's Fabrics, A Quilter's Oasis, 3 Dudes Quilting and The Quilted Apple. I'd google Arizona Quilt Shops and then plan for a one or two day shop hop. Most stores are within 30 minutes of each other ( a few a wee bit more).....Bring an extra case or carryon and shop, shop, shop! Ahhhhh! You won't be disappointed.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:42 AM

Hi again....just re-read your message and see the dates are for Christmas.....the stores will be having post holiday sales then to clear inventor,y so there are sure to be lots of bargains. If you have to, you can always stop by a Goodwill to buy another inexpensive bag to haul it all home in.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:47 AM

Just did a little research for you and though several of the fabric stores sell embroidery and quiiting machines, I see that Mulqueen's advertises all machines 30 to 60% off the Manufacturers suggested retail prices. I got a great deal on my Janome 6600 from them. That might be the place to finish up after you have done your comparison shopping.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:07 AM

There are some great stores there. I used to live in Chandler, AZ. Still miss it. Have fun shopping. If you're in Chandler be sure and go see the tumbleweed Christmas tree that's down town every year. It's something to see.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:18 AM

Oh wow, I will have to bring my largest suite case for fabrics to bring home. lol! I am very excited, Thanks for all the info! :)
Old 10-12-2010, 05:51 PM

35th Avenue Sew and Vac on W Thunderbird and 35th Avenue. I haven't been in the Scottsdale area so I don't know if there are shops around there. I love this shop. Tons of fabric. Of course, my favorite shop is now Keepsake Quilting where I spent a day this summer. Can't wait to go back again (wishful thinking).
Old 10-12-2010, 06:39 PM

On the west side of the Valley is Bearly Stitchin. Sun Valley Quilts in Sun City, The Quilt Show in Peoria (I think),
The Quilted Cactus on Bell and Reems in Surprise,
M's Quilting Creation in Wickenburg, Mulqueen Sewing Center which fabric is always discounted, Quilters Bee in Peoria and Quiltz in Phoenix. I think we have about 15 different quilting stores in the area. It is great!
Lynne Plotner-Pierce
Surprise, AZ
Old 10-12-2010, 06:40 PM

On the west side of the Valley is Bearly Stitchin. Sun Valley Quilts in Sun City, The Quilt Show in Peoria (I think),
The Quilted Cactus on Bell and Reems in Surprise,
M's Quilting Creation in Wickenburg, Mulqueen Sewing Center which fabric is always discounted, Quilters Bee in Peoria and Quiltz in Phoenix. I think we have about 15 different quilting stores in the area. It is great!
Lynne Plotner-Pierce
Surprise, AZ
Old 10-12-2010, 09:46 PM

You need to get a machine near where you live so you can take classes and have warranty work done. OR you could get a Janome 11000 and I could help you. Got mine 3 1/2 years ago and have taken every class I could get. I like Sally's down there but wasn't into quilting when I was there so am making a list from the posts. Now I want to go to Scottsdale too.