Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: In Hawaii Next week

There is an outdoor market at the football stadium parking lot in Honolulu. It's huge! Great buys. Bought extra luggage to bring my treasures home. It is 2 or 3 days a week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiilove
    The fabric warehouse is June Fabrics, 938 Austin Lane, Honolulu. Be prepared to spend some time there - they have fabric from floor to ceiling and rows and rows of all types of fabrics. Check Calico Cat's hours - she is closed some days. Lots of good things there too and her prices aren't too bad.
    Another one I like to visit is Kaimuki Dry Goods at 1144 10th Avenue and is only a couple of blocks from The Calico Cat (another one of my favorites).

Blog Entries
    When I was there many years ago, one of the high points
    of our visit was to the cultural center that showed all the different islands' dress, foods and some of their different canoes. And we had a feast there to test some of the island foods. Discovered that I did not like Poi, but do love Taro root as a pretty plant. Went to a really interesting tropical plant test
    area, lots of strange and delicious plants and trees there.

The shopping area is lovely, and when I Goggled it this came up.

Topstitch

Located in: Kamuela, Kamamalu St./Holomua Center
    Hours: Mon.-Fri.: 9:30-4:30, Sat.: 9:30-4, Sun.: Closed
    Mailing: P.O. Box 2631, Kamuela, HI 96743
    Phone: (808) (808) 885-4482
    Fax: (808) n/a
    Email: topstitchhi@hotmail.com
    A fine collection of cotton fabrics
    including tropical prints, quilting solids
    and Batiks. Hawaiian quilt and pillow
    kits and Island handcrafts. Hawaiian
    quilts and pillow tops crafted by
    members of our guild. Classes,too!

Oh yes...YOU HAVE TO GO TO KAIMUKI DRY GOODS!! That's my ALL TIME favorite place! They have a sale table that usually has some nice stuff on it. Also, over near the register is a 3 or 4 shelf little bin. In it are fabrics, maybe 12x12 inches, some smaller, some bigger. Nice pieces that are only a few dollars. They are plastic envelopes with maybe 5 or 6 pieces in them.

Calico Cat is a nice place, but the hours are strange at times and parking is almost non existant. There's also the place on King Street, Kuni Island Fabric. They are right next to a Flower Shop. Cute place and the lady that's usually in there is really nice.

When it comes to Fabric Mart, I usually went to the one in Aiea. I liked the people in there better.
    The other Fabric Mart is on Kalakaua Ave.
    There's also a quilt shop, The Quilt Hut that is in the same area as Fabric Mart in Aiea, but I found the people in there to NOT be nice and their fabric was WAAAY overpriced. I could order the same fabric online and pay less including the shipping with what they were selling their stuff for.

Quote Originally Posted by DianD
    When we went to Maui, I grabbed the phone book...tons of fabric shops, all fabulous! I brought home 150 lbs. of fabric! Happy Hunting!!!
    Oh dear! I can see this happening! LOL. I would have to ship it home as it would probably be cheaper than the extra fees at the airline!

Topstitch Quilt store is located on the Big Island.

I like Kuni Island Fabrics in Honolulu. They are on S. King Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    When I was there many years ago, one of the high points
    of our visit was to the cultural center that showed all the different islands' dress, foods and some of their different canoes. And we had a feast there to test some of the island foods. Discovered that I did not like Poi, but do love Taro root as a pretty plant. Went to a really interesting tropical plant test
    area, lots of strange and delicious plants and trees there.

The shopping area is lovely, and when I Goggled it this came up.

Topstitch

Located in: Kamuela, Kamamalu St./Holomua Center
    Hours: Mon.-Fri.: 9:30-4:30, Sat.: 9:30-4, Sun.: Closed
    Mailing: P.O. Box 2631, Kamuela, HI 96743
    Phone: (808) (808) 885-4482
    Fax: (808) n/a
    Email: topstitchhi@hotmail.com
    A fine collection of cotton fabrics
    including tropical prints, quilting solids
    and Batiks. Hawaiian quilt and pillow
    kits and Island handcrafts. Hawaiian
    quilts and pillow tops crafted by
    members of our guild. Classes,too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Oh yes...YOU HAVE TO GO TO KAIMUKI DRY GOODS!! That's my ALL TIME favorite place! They have a sale table that usually has some nice stuff on it. Also, over near the register is a 3 or 4 shelf little bin. In it are fabrics, maybe 12x12 inches, some smaller, some bigger. Nice pieces that are only a few dollars. They are plastic envelopes with maybe 5 or 6 pieces in them.

Calico Cat is a nice place, but the hours are strange at times and parking is almost non existant. There's also the place on King Street, Kuni Island Fabric. They are right next to a Flower Shop. Cute place and the lady that's usually in there is really nice.

When it comes to Fabric Mart, I usually went to the one in Aiea. I liked the people in there better.
    The other Fabric Mart is on Kalakaua Ave.
    There's also a quilt shop, The Quilt Hut that is in the same area as Fabric Mart in Aiea, but I found the people in there to NOT be nice and their fabric was WAAAY overpriced. I could order the same fabric online and pay less including the shipping with what they were selling their stuff for.
    Ditto to everything, especially The Quilt Hut.....

Have a great time I have been there a few times and love it each time more and more..Deb from Port Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2