Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In Hawaii Next week

I will be in Maui for a few days next week and then a couple of days in Honolulu. Anyone have any good suggestions for must sees or must do's? Any quilt/fabric shops I should visit?
    My son will be surfing, ziplining, sky diving... me.. uh.. I will be relaxing! And fabric shops make me happy!

On Maui. E I Valley (not correct spelling but your get the idea)It is beautiful. Check out other tours so much to see. The helicoper tour is fantastic.

Hawaii Cultural Center, plan on most of the day. Stay for the dinner show.

Have a wonderful trip.

Sand, beach, cold drink, ...

go to Fabric Mart in Honolulu...1631 Kalakaua Ave. Honolulu (near Convention Center) Web site www.hawaiifabricmart.com

They have 2 other locations...but this is the one I went to. I hopped on the bus and was there in no time...check with the desk at hotel...they will help you get there.

Make sure you go upstairs....

I wanted to hit the "like" button!

My husband and I spent a week on Maui and a week on the Big Island on our last vacation. We stayed in Lahania at the Best Western and there are to quilt shops right there one is across from the hotel and the other one was about two blocks down same side of the hotel. There was a couple on the Big Island . My sweetheart of a husband took me to four quilt shops altogether on our vacation.

You don't say which side of Maui you will be staying, but there is a nice quilt shop in Kihei (sort of south side of the Island) in the Azeka Shopping Center, it carries nice fabric and offers classes occasionally.
    The Maui Quilt Shop
    1280 South Kihei Road
    Kihei, Maui HI 96753
    http://www.mauiquiltshop.com

In Kaahumau Shopping Center (close to the airport), there is a shop called Sew Special that carries nice fabric, both Hawaiian and regular.

Another neat shop on the west side of the island is the Needlework Shop in Lahaina. They carry a lot of Hawaiian Applique supplies and material, if you call in advance, you can set up a free class to learn Hawaiian Applique when you buy a kit from the store.
    136 Dickenson, Unit 3
    Lahaina,HI. 96761
    808-662-8554

There is a lot to do and see on Maui, but probably the best thing to do while there is nothing :D, just relax with a good book while listening to the birds chirping and waves crashing on the beach :)

When we went to Maui, I grabbed the phone book...tons of fabric shops, all fabulous! I brought home 150 lbs. of fabric! Happy Hunting!!!

There is a fabric warehouse that used to be on School Street, in Honolulu, just check the Yellow Pages for fabric - this place is amazing. There is also a quilt shop (near Diamond Head)and also the Calico Cat in Kaimuki. I found all of them in the Yellow Pages under fabric and/or quilt shops. Enjoy !!!

The fabric warehouse is June Fabrics, 938 Austin Lane, Honolulu. Be prepared to spend some time there - they have fabric from floor to ceiling and rows and rows of all types of fabrics. Check Calico Cat's hours - she is closed some days. Lots of good things there too and her prices aren't too bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast