Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hey, Western new York

Was in the Walmart on Hylan Drive (near Marketplace Mall) in Henrietta today. They are swamped with fabric! I never saw so many 1.50 choices and 2.00 choices. They have all sorts of new stuff (including African prints...my favorite). Hang my head in shame...I bought a lot!

Cool, I'm gonna put that on my list. Thanks.

Even though I don't live in Western NY, I'm in the Niagara Falls, NY area just about every weekend... and that's not to far and would make a good shopping weekend!

You are lucky - went to my local WM supercenter this afternoon, on the hunt for some specific colors, and am chalking WM off my fabric store list. They have done a re-do of the store - only a small fraction of what they used to have, and the $1.50 and $2.00 table, small as it was, was disgusting - polys, ugly thin thin cotton. Need I go on? One whole huge wall is now jewelry making supplies.

That store is right around the corner from my house....OK so maybe 10 blocks but certainly do-able tomorrow after work. Thanks for the heads up.