Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hotels in Paducah

Question Hotels in Paducah

Can anyone recommend hotels in the Paducah area
    for the show next year. I have never been and I have
    6 friends that will be going with me. I will not be renting
    a car so any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.
    Thanks...

My advice is to book right now because the rooms fill up fast. Some book for the next year as they are checking out this year.

I was with my friend at Paducah that rebooked for the next year. I called to book a room after I got home for the next year. I was told the policy was not to book a room that far in advance and I would have to call back in Jan. I said well how did my friend get to book a room before she left? The clerk said that was not allowed it didn't happen. I asked to talk to the manager and he said the same thing. Not allowed. I know she rebooked, I was there. I called her and she called the hotel and told them she did rebook, had a confirmation number. And most all that had a room in the town rebooked and she could get a list of names of all that rebooked at the same hotel as she did. The manager still said it wasn't allowed, not their policy. You won't get to book a room until after Jan. and then all of a sudden there are no rooms left, all booked up. I have an email to the corporate office about this rebooking when leaving and no one is allowed to book before Jan but no rooms available as everyone rebooked.
    I love my life!

Is Paducah in Kentucky? Thanks
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    yes Paducah is in Ky, far western KY, and the show is great!!

Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
    Is Paducah in Kentucky? Thanks
    dare to dream

I've looked at Expedia and Hotels.com and many are already fully booked.

What is some nice hotels to book at? What about Baymont Inn? Anyone know? I want to book for next year as soon as I can, but not sure where. Thanks

Blog Entries
    I rebooked for next year the same day I checked in. The Comfort Inn Suites was rebooking on Friday for next year.

Blog Entries
    I understand what you all are saying, but what about trying another way since there are 7 of you? Try calling some of the local realtors and see if anyone rents out rooms or even a whole house during the time of the quilt show. We know people who do that in other areas to make a bit of $$. Just sayin' hotels might not be the only way to go. Realtors would also know about bus service, etc.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I've never been but several of my friends make a road trip about every 2 years. They stay in Metropolis across the river from Paducah. If you can't find a spot, that might be a good place to try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast