Houston Quilt Festival

Old 05-24-2010, 01:36 PM

Grrr! I'm planning on going this year (didn't get to make it last year) and I was thinking that I would look and see what classes they are offering and maybe my mom and I would consider going early and taking a class. Problem is they want you to buy a class schedule and it won't be available until mid July. The other festivals that they have listed have their classes listed where you can see them on the computer. I will have to take off work to go and need all the plan ahead time I can get, it's only $3.00 but why are they charging for the Houston one and not the others I wonder?
Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM

WARNING!! the classes are pricey BUT the festival is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!So much to see!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 PM

I went last year and the classes are really pricey becasue of some of the talented teachers. So I walked around the show nad stopped to watch all the dealers who showed different techniques and it only cost me the price to get into the show. I spent 4 days and still did not get to see it all. Have fun. Check out the Project Linus booth. I am scheduled there again this year.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:56 PM

Houston is the BOMB! I didn't take any classes, spent 2 days there and still didn't get to see all
Old 05-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Lisa,
I think they've done it that way for years ... it's all about the money, honey! They COULD put up a prelim schedule online at least ...

I live SW of Houston, I haven't taken any classes in recent years but I certainly GO every year! Wouldn't miss it! We usually go 2-3 days and still don't see it all ...
They have a variety of lectures and fun class demos on the show floor ... you just need to schedule those into your day's shopping, a good way to rest your feet!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:27 PM

I've been lusting to go Houston since I started quilting a few years ago. I think this year I will make it, but don't plan to take classes unless EQ is offered. I've only taken classes at the Hampton show one time and the class was overpriced plus there was an extra charge for the kit. So, since then the only classes I take are at LQS's
Old 06-19-2010, 08:38 PM

I'm going and there are a few other members who will be there too!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 PM

I'm going for my 4th year in a row. I haven't taken classes because I shop, shop & shop. And really do it up big that one time per year.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Google Goddess

I would love to go one of these years, but can't this year, I hope you can meet other quilters from Quilting Board there! have fun and take lots of pictures for Show & Tell
Old 06-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Just an FYI for the Marriot in Houston.
If you've made your reservation already, go back and check the prices again. I've noticed that it's dropped.
I just rebooked my room, waited for the e-mail confirmation and cancelled my other reservation.