Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Houston Sewing Group

Houston Sewing Group

Hi, I am looking for other quilters in Houston to sew with or swap blocks with, etc. I'm 35, a SAHM to a 3 year old, and I would say I'm between a beginner and intermediate level quilter. None of my friends sew, and I'd love to join a group or another friend with this common interest!

Please reply or PM me!

I'm from South Dakota so can't come and play -- I'm sure you will find a good group to quilt with though.

What part of Houston are you in? There are several clubs at the sewing vacuum warehouse on 249.
    Please become an organ donor
    It really does save lives, my husband is living proof.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    I'd be interested in finding people in the Humble area (Fall Creek) who would be interested in a sewing group, or who know of one. Due to night vision problems, looking for daytime or one close by not involving high speed heavy traffic.

Check with the Stretch-n-Sew in Clear Lake (or one of the many shops down that way - I'll bet they have a list of quilters and sewers in the area. Good luck!

Hey there, have you tried The Quilt Room there in Huffman, not awfully far from you but I do know they have classes, and daytime activities as well, just an FYI

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Yes, I've been there several times. Just looking for something a little closer. They are more than a half hour away. Nothing in Humble?

A suggestion: Visit a couple of quilting shops near your area. They often know of groups. You could also take a class and meet people. There are several quilt guilds in the area that have bees and probably welcome newcomers. Some shops also have days when people meet at the shops to quilt.

Great ideas! Thanks, I'll check the quilt shops in town. The Humble area is a pretty big trek for me, as is Clear Lake.

Red face

Hi I live in San Antonio and I'm looking for a sewing/quilting group that I can sew with or even start one up. I would like to

have a sewing get together at my home. Anyone interested plz let me know. I was thinking maybe meeting twice a month on a Saturday. I am a beginner/intermediate quilter. I've made pajamas, and basic garments. Call me if anyone is interested.
    You can find me on Facebook under sewhappy. My cell phone is 210.801.4049
    Last edited by gme1970; 08-24-2014 at 06:24 PM.