Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I would like a quilting friend

I would like a quilting friend

I live in Tacoma WA and I would like to meet people in my area that like to quilt. Maybe meet once a month to share?

Sorry not in your area......... I'm in Wisconsin. Sure hope you find quilters in your area. But do remember everyone here on the quilting board is a quilting friend...........

Blog Entries
    Hope you find few quilting buddies. Otherwise have to do lije me mine are virtual quilting buddies!! :-)

Hello My Tacoma Sister . . . . !

Although I reside in Charlotte, NC, I go home 1 - 2 times a year. Try Calico Threads on Pearl Street(Pearl & N.26th shopping center). It's a new shop that just opened early this year. I thought it was quite nice & cozy. They have a sewing lounge & you don't have to take your machine - you can use one of theirs; in fact the only thing you have to take with you is your project. My Mom told me about the shop & had a coupon in the Tacoma flyers for "buy 2 FQs, get 1 free" as an opening promotion. Since they are still new, you might get lucky to get a coupon & make some friends during open sewing; and the staff is quite nice. My annual pilgrimage home is in April. Hopefully we can keep in touch & meet in April at the sewing lounge when I come home.

On my next trip home, I plan to join a guild & follow at a distance. If you are able, check out St Ann "Sew-shul" Club & Quilters By The Bay - these two are in Tacoma & if you can, reach out to Puyallup (which you know is just 20 minutes down I-5), the Puyallup Valley Quilters.

Let me know how fare. I hope this is encouraging for you . . . . GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members/groovy-pieces-u129541-albums.html

ArlaJo,
    I was in Tacoma just last night. I'm over in Mason County about an hr.'s drive from you. Would you like to chat & see how it goes? I'm very much alone out here where I live. My sewing mach. is my best friend these days. LOL.
    I finally found a quilt grp. in Belfair but am kind of disappointed in it since very few people are showing up during the summer. I go to Ariz. for 6 months of winter so summer is when I need them. My email address is "pgreenrn@aol.com" if you'd like to get acquainted.

Pat

Try joining a quilting guild in your area if available.

I would like a quilting buddy too but sadly no one on here is close enough. My little town does not have a quilt shop, a guild, etc. Just have to do it on my own. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ArlaJo View Post
    I live in Tacoma WA and I would like to meet people in my area that like to quilt. Maybe meet once a month to share?
    If you put Tacoma in the subject line it may get the attention of members in that area. Some one in admin such as Patricej may be able to help with that. If I can find the person in our monthly secret pal swap group that is in Tacoma I'll give her a heads up.

I have a quilting buddy who has become a good friend. I offered to teach her quilting in exchange for some time on the quilts for homeless families I make. Could you do something like that? Maybe put an ad on a bulletin board near your home?

Hi ArlaJo, I live in Tacoma. I usually quilt alone so having a buddy would be nice. I occasionally go sew at Evergreen Quilt Shop. She doesn't charge a thing and you can use the machines there if you need to. What kind of sewing time do you have? I have school age kids but I can meet during the day, which I prefer. Drop me an email and let me know what you had in mind. Thanks again Starshine for sending me this link. Your awesome. Cheers, Melinda
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast