Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Indiana Heritage Quilt Show, Bloomington, IN 3-1,2,3

Indiana Heritage Quilt Show, Bloomington, IN 3-1,2,3

March 1st, 2nd and 3rd -

Is anyone going to this? Has anyone ever been - what's it like? A friend and I are going down Friday and staying overnight. Anybody got any "must see" things in the area, or along the path from SE MI down and back? Any quilt shops to visit?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandish View Post
    March 1st, 2nd and 3rd -

Is anyone going to this? Has anyone ever been - what's it like? A friend and I are going down Friday and staying overnight. Anybody got any "must see" things in the area, or along the path from SE MI down and back? Any quilt shops to visit?
    have you got any details on that quilt show?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I'm sorry, I meant to put a link for the show - http://www.ihqs.org/

Maybe you'll run into craftybear. Do you think?

I have been for several years in a row now. It's a really good show. I wouldn't miss it. Lots of really great quilts.

Bloomington is a great town. Close by is Brown County--pretty well known for the shops in Nashville. It's busy in the fall because of the festivals they hold. This time of year should be a fun time to visit.
    Last edited by dixie_fried; 02-23-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: grammar
    "And I guess I might have made a few mistakes.
    But maybe that's exactly what it takes.
    To get a little happy in this big sad world..."
    ​One Line Wonder, The Avett Brothers

Blog Entries
    this show is usually held in the convention center on south colloege. (unless they have moved it) I was there about 3 years ago. Most of the motels to stay in are on the north side, but not difficult to find or very far away from the center.

Nashville is east of Bloomington about 30-45 minutes away. Alot of the shops that are open in the summer and fall close for this time of year. If you go to Nashville from Bloomington expect a roller coaster ride as it is hilly that direction out of town.
    I was born and raised there.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Be sure to take the free shuttle to sites around town...the quilts on display at other venues are also marvelous! Good show, do-able in a day.

It is a great quilt show, there are always lots of beautiful quilts, and they have a really good merchants mall. I live about an hour south of Bloomington. There is one quilt shop, but the last time I was there, they mostly had oriental fabrics.

Well, our room is booked - we have to stay in Martinsville as any rooms still available in Bloomington (very rare) were outrageously priced -but it's only about a 20-25 minute ride into town, and we don't mind that. We are going by way of Shipshewana, IN for a couple hours first (Yes! Lollys!) and then heading down to Martinsville on Friday, and will hit the show on Saturday, return home Saturday night. I'm getting excited!