Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Iowa quilt show

Blog Entries
    Has anyone gone to the Iowa quilt show? I am thinking about going and would like some feed back on it.
    Thanks, grammo

Because I live in Iowa, of course this show will get good reviews from me--but relatives who live way down in Missouri drive six hours to attend, every year. The vendors are great, as well as the quilts, be sure to wear comfortable shoes and carry a tote bag, okay? piecefully, the old one

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one
    Because I live in Iowa, of course this show will get good reviews from me--but relatives who live way down in Missouri drive six hours to attend, every year. The vendors are great, as well as the quilts, be sure to wear comfortable shoes and carry a tote bag, okay? piecefully, the old one
    I live in Iowa too but will be unable to attend this year because we will be in Reno.....waaaah!! :cry:
    Under other circumstances i would be totally thrilled to be taking a weeks vacation out west.....but not when it conflicts with the Quilt Show!
    Guess I will have to depend on the members if this board to fill me in on everything I miss... (sigh)

If you are talking about the Des Moines show, it is well worth the travel time. It is an AQS show. The Des Moines guild also has a quilt show along with it. It is amazing. Not going this year :(

Wish I was going to go.. Financially can't swing it. Am looking forward to going next year though and have started saving already!!!

Didn't make this wonderful show last year...but will be attending this year. It is a great event for quilters. Can't wait!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the feedback. I went to the Paducha show for the first time this year and would love to go to this show. My husband rasies German Shorthair dogs, which are bird hunting dogs. So he could check out pheasant hunting and some of the dog kennels out there. So I think I have him talked into going.
    Thanks again.

JT
    Yes, I'm going this year. My first time, but friends that have gone before say it is great. Tons of vendors,,,and don't expect to see everything in one day. I'm going on a bus trip with my guild, so it's just the one day for me...this time. :)

We here Iowa think the quilt show is great and enjoy working the show and meeting all people from many state and countries. Looking forward see you Next week.

Quote Originally Posted by the old one
    My tote bag is 5' 11" 40 years old with a salt and pepper short beard. He's so handy! LOL