Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Lancaster PA Quilt Show @The Continental Inn >

Lancaster PA Quilt Show @The Continental Inn

Lancaster PA Quilt Show @The Continental Inn

Old 01-29-2014, 10:17 AM

I haven't gone in several years, but Guild friends have taken overnight trips to go to the show. They have mentioned the AQS downtown show is very crowded, there's some improvement in the food, and parking is still very difficult and expensive. I don't know if strollers are allowed. Sans toddler I'd heartily recommend going, but with a toddler I'd guess it would be unpredictable depending on the whims of the Missy. It might work if you alternate between seeing the show and entertaining her in a less crowded area and taking elevator rides. Saturday is the most crowded, but be aware that many local quilt shops are closed on Sunday if you are planning side trips. There are many wonderful places to go in and around Lancaster.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:27 AM

Two weeks today, can't come soon enough! I'll see you there!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:31 AM
ro
Banned

i cant seem to find anyone who wants to go. and i really dont want to bring along my husband. so i guess i'm not goin to go this year. and i was looking forward to it. oh well!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:43 AM

I find it better to go myself, if I can't find anyone with the same quilting interests. That way, I can take as long as I want and at my own pace, I can look at everything or nothing: I can watch all the demos, play with the machines, and chit chat with all the vendors, come and go as I please and eat when and where I want to, do my own little shop hop at all the great quilt shops in the area......Then wake up the next morning and do it all over again.

Last edited by Jerudy; 02-27-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:36 PM
ro
Banned

i totally agree with you. the only problem i have is its 3 1/2 hrs. away for me. and i'd like to stay a few days.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jerudy View Post
I find it better to go myself, if I can't find anyone with the same quilting interests. That way, I can take as long as I want and at my own pace, I can look at everything or nothing: I can watch all the demos, play with the machines, and chit chat with all the vendors, come and go as I please and eat when and where I want to, do my own little shop hop at all the great quilt shops in the area......Then wake up the next morning and do it all over again.
This totally sums up my feelings. I stay for a few days in Intercourse and just come and go as I please, answering to know one!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:51 PM

The only problem is that it won't be the same without midnight madness at "The Old County Store".