Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Last week's quilt show in Gainesvile FL

Last week's quilt show in Gainesvile FL

The Tree City Quilters Guild in Gainesville celebrated their 20th Anniversary with one of the classiest shows I have been to. Excellent display of quilts with vendors in a separate location, soft piano music, members to assist / answer questions and a handmade yo-yo "broach"for each visitor. They even had a section devoted to children's' quilts. Everyone one was very personable. The most endearing part was an "in memory" section in their program about recently departed members. At the entrance they had a section with winning quilts from past years and another section displaying quilts by the deceased members being honored. Attached are several pics from the show. My mouth was hanging open in amazement most of the time so I didn't get near enough pictures. Congrats to those ladies on a beautiful show.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks for sharing some beautiful quilts......it sounds like a wonderful show!

It does sound like a wonderful show. Would have loved to have been there. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
    It does sound like a wonderful show. Would have loved to have been there. Thanks for sharing.
    Me too!!!!