Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for Quilters in NC Wilmington and Jacksonville area

Blog Entries

Looking for Quilters in NC Wilmington and Jacksonville area

I love to quilt and I have heard that by even sitting next to other quilters we share tips and skills and have fun. I mostly piece quilts and machine quilt them myself. I really like the quilting part best, I get in tune with the quilt and really have fun with it. I just learned paper piecing and really like that to. Would love to get together with other quilters in the area.
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

Blog Entries
    I am sure you will be fortunate to find quilters close to you. Always good to check at your local quilting stores and guilds in your surrounding area. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your projects (smile).
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Your best bed would be to join a guild, like the one in Wilmington, Quilters by the Sea. We meet once a month during most of the year, but in December, we are having the Christmas Party, so it isn't really a regular meeting.

You can find information online at www.quiltersbytheseaguild.com. There are many, many subgroups, called bees, that meet more often, and at different locations. Joining the guild would be the place to start, though, because you will meet members of the bees and find one that you would like to join. There is a "beekeeper" who will let you know which bees are accepting new members. It is lots of fun!