Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas >

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Old 10-26-2015, 07:29 AM

Default Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Hi, I'm just looking for another quilter to stay in touch with for quilting inspiration. I would enjoy talking about projects, new or ongoing and just share experiences and expertise or questions with.

I'm in North Central Texas, retired and 64 y/o. If you are interested I would love to hear from you. PM or just here online.

Thanks,
Susan in Texas

Last edited by Texas_Sue; 10-26-2015 at 07:43 AM. Reason: To follow the rules as set by moderators
Old 10-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

I'm down here in Corpus Christi. We're in the process of remodeling/painting. My sewing room is next and right now it's a catchall for what will be kept. Am really wanting to minimalize the chaos that's going on right now in the sewing room. Have Christmas presents I want to get out and some are cut some are not. Ugh!! What little quilting I do is on my DSM 401. I have a 2662 Singer about 10-12 years old. Been asleep since then.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:21 AM

Hi, Tess.

I lived down in Corpus when I was 13. My Mom worked for the government at the Naval Base for almost a year.

I hear you when you say your sewing room is a catch all. I have been working for 2 hours to get some of my bags emptied and items all together (pre-cuts, tools, patterns and books). What a mess. I bet it takes me the better part of a year to get this mess straightened out.

DH bought me a Handiquilter Sweet 16 sit down quilter that I have not used yet!!! I have to get my room cleaned out before I can even get on the machine. I'm starting to get anxious about be able to use it - can't wait.

Thanks for your response,
Susan
Old 10-27-2015, 02:24 AM

Susan, where exactly are you? I live on Lake Tawakoni, just east of Dallas. Would love to hear from you!
Old 10-27-2015, 02:56 AM

Hi Susan, Are you interested in talking to someone from the other side of the world? I am also retired and older than 64. What kind of quilting do you enjoy? I am pretty much a traditionalist, love good classic lines, but am trying very hard to master FMQ. Am currently doing Lori Kennedy's class 'Divide and Conquer' on Craftsy and I work with a Pfaff Quilt Expression domestic machine.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:58 AM

Oh, and by the way congratulations on the Sweet Sixteen, would love to hear how you make out with it.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:10 AM

Susan...I'm in Temple, TX, right off of I-35 (between Waco and Austin). I started quilting a couple of years ago and made a few quilts then my sewing machine quit on me. Finally got a new one and don't have many hours on it yet, just haven't gotten back into the swing of it. I have lots of fabric....yardage, precuts, kits, patterns I want to make, etc. No friends here...we moved here about 1-1/2 yrs ago and I don't know anyone. Caregiver for my 87 year old dad with Alzheimer's...that keeps me pretty busy.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:35 AM

Hi All,
I would love to have some quilting buddies to email. I have tons of fabric waiting to be used. I live in Wisconsin but love communicating with others around the globe. Please count me in.
Mary
Old 10-27-2015, 03:49 AM

Hi Cindy. I am in Euless on the west side of the airport. I'm just off of 360 near Grapevine. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me hear from you.

Susan
Old 10-27-2015, 03:58 AM

Mary, of course I would love to keep in touch with you! I've met a few of your countrymen on several bus tours - Heritage Tours. I've done the NE, Sisters, Paducah and a few I can't remember right now. I definitely am a traditional quilt maker. I love Civil War fabrics and the blocks they produced when quilting was a necessity. I hope to learn something new every time I sit down to sew.

At present I'm trying to take control of the mess in my sewing room. I have so much fabric, pre-cuts, patterns and tools that I have got to finish up before I can enjoy myself once again in my room.

I love the Sweet 16, but mostly have just practiced on it. I'm looking forward to just stitching - may not be very much to look at right now - but I'm sure I can come up with some decent donation quilts.

Well, hope to hear from you again and enjoy your quilting.
Susan in Texas

Last edited by Texas_Sue; 10-27-2015 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Left out name