making ALASKA plans

Old 06-30-2012, 07:37 AM

I have been there twice for the whole summer. They have a shop hop where you buy a block from each of the shops. If you cannot get to one you can order it. I loved the one they did in 2008. But the one last year was applique and I do not do that. I have not looked at what the patten is this year but I am sure you would be able to find it on the internet. That also gives you a list of shops and where they are. Have a blast. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:08 PM

I am so envious. We lived in Eagle River for 14 years. So sorry we left but life changes . We miss it sooooo much.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MamaHen
If your heading to Nikiski make sure you stop by the fabric store in Kenai. I used to love to drive over to it when I lived in Seward. She had so much fabric I always had a very hard time making up my mind. Sure do miss it, wish we had one like it here in North Florida.

I always stop in at Robins....
Old 07-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

it is official...I will be in Anchorage at 2am on Aug 24th and will stay there until Sept 5th, when I will head out to Bethel, and then on Sept 10th I head back home....

I sure do hope I can meet up with a few of you in Alaska...I know I will be working at the State fair a couple of times, but trying to keep my plans OPEN and easy going so I can VISIT!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:26 AM

Ok, I just have to ask, I know its gorgeous, but why, in the name of heaven would you want to visit someplace where its freezing cold?? I live in Illinois, i don't want to go to another cold place, i want warmeth, lol, oops its hot as blazes now, but anyway i would freeze my tush off, well I would like to visit the shops.
Well, i hope you have a great time and be safe. Take lots of pics
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by craftymatt2
Ok, I just have to ask, I know its gorgeous, but why, in the name of heaven would you want to visit someplace where its freezing cold?? I live in Illinois, i don't want to go to another cold place, i want warmeth, lol, oops its hot as blazes now, but anyway i would freeze my tush off, well I would like to visit the shops.
Well, i hope you have a great time and be safe. Take lots of pics

you have not been Alaska in the summer I gather...when it is 80, it is HOT....and it can get up to 90 in the Matsu valley..though usually not at the end of Aug...but one can hope....heheheh.....now when I lived out in Bethel, and I spent 4-6 months below freezing temps...like say -30-50...that got crazy for a poor old southern girl like me...but I hated the dark more than the cold...which by the way...it is DRY out there. zero humidity...so anything below 0 is just another number...you don't feel any difference unless the wind blows..ehhehe