Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mancuso Quilt Show in West Palm Beach FL- Did you go? Did it met your expectations?

Mancuso Quilt Show in West Palm Beach FL- Did you go? Did it met your expectations?

I visited Saturday and felt disappointed. I was expecting a sensational exhibit and found that just a few quilts were great. Don't take me wrong, there were some that were beautiful quilted, another one was an embroidery piece of art one that was applique by hand that I couldn't see a single stitch- the pieces were glued!- fantastic, but the colores used didn't help the quilt so overall was average. Then a couple were very innovative and nice but nothing like what we see posted here from the big shows.

This show was international with quilts from several countries and they were interesting, different definetivelly. I wil post a few pictures I took.
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

The one I attend in California is wonderful. Some years are better than others. I always come away inspired.

edited to say...it's in your neighborhood. Much cheaper that flying somewhere ;-)
    Last edited by DebraK; 11-13-2011 at 03:54 PM.