Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Mena, AR RMCC quilt classes start June 16 >

Mena, AR RMCC quilt classes start June 16

Mena, AR RMCC quilt classes start June 16

Old 06-12-2011, 01:13 PM

The following Community Service Classes will start at Rich Mountain Community College on June 16:

Have a little summer fun at RMCC!

Make a little Twister quilt top in a day! On Thursday June 16, 2011 Stephanie Povey will teach a one day workshop from 9AM to 5PM at Rich Mountain Community College for this fun and popular quilt. In the class you will learn to make a template, and put together a small quilt top, suitable as a table topper or wall hanging. With the technique you will learn in class, you can easily make a larger sized quilt later. Supplies needed are: sewing machine, needles, thread, pins, about 50 five inch fabric squares of assorted light and dark colors (you will have some left over), 4 three inch strips cut the width of fabric for your border, marking pencils (mechanical pencils and inexpensive color pencils will do), a fine tip Sharpie marker, fabric scissors, craft scissors, template plastic (can be purchased in class…or…hint: a translucent cover that comes on frozen non-dairy topping works great!), and a 6” square ruler, rotary mat & cutter. It is suggested that you starch your fabric before coming to class. That will make it easier to handle later. Bring a lunch and be prepared to have a great time with your friends. This project is suitable for beginners. Spaces are limited, so sign up now. Cost for the class is $20. For registration information, contact Maureen Keese at the college: email [email protected] or call 479-394-7622 ext 1311.

Applique Techniques: one day, 4 weeks, 3 hours/wk $20
Learn a variety of hand and machine appliqué techniques. Supplies include: needles, thread, pins, thimble, fusible web, glue stick, lightweight interfacing (fusible or not), fabric scraps, freezer paper, sewing machine (optional), applique scissors (optional), sharp fabric scissors, craft scissors. Class starts June 22 and runs for four Wednesdays from 6 to 9PM.

Just machine quilting: one day, 4 weeks, 3 hours/wk, $20
This intensive class will focus exclusively on machine quilting. Students will learn to prepare sample quilt sandwiches, and will spend class time learning different machine quilting patterns. For first class, bring a sketch pad and pencils, your sewing machine with a darning/free motion foot (some feet will be available for purchase), fabric and thin batting. Binding will also be covered in this class. Class starts July 21 and runs for four Thursdays from 1 to 4PM.

To sign up for any of these classes, please contact Maureen Keese at the college:
Email [email protected] or call 479-394-7622 ext 1311.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 PM

Thank you for posting this,I would like to take the machine quilting class.I live about one hour and a half from Mena.I will call the number that was given
Old 06-17-2011, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Wynema
Thank you for posting this,I would like to take the machine quilting class.I live about one hour and a half from Mena.I will call the number that was given
Welcome to the class!