Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Nebraska State Fair

Just got the count on quilts that will be on exhibit at the Nebraska State Fair in Grand Island, NE on August 27 thru Sept.7. There will be 704 quilts shown. The fair moved from Lincoln to Grand Island this year. Its on the Fonner Park grounds and new exhibit buildings have been erected. They had quilters input on how to set up the show area. If your anywhere near or are planning a road trip in the area be sure to stop by and see the display.

My hubby is volunteering there 5 days this year. I will go one day with him and I imagine I'll be in the quilt show a good part of that day. My SIL machine quilted a quilt of mine (I found the top at a garage sale!) and has entered it in the machine quilted category. Should be lots of fun. We have been to the Lincoln fair so will be doing lots of comparing. Next year I will be a resident so maybe I'll enter one of mine.

Hubby and I will be attending the fair on the 29th. You know I'll be there to oooh and aaaah those 704 quilts. Oh my, it will take all day just to see those! How fun!!! It will be fun to go to the new site and all air conditioned buildings. See you there.

Blog Entries
    I lived in Lincoln for 10 years and Syracuse for 7 years. I moved to Nebraska in the mid 70's when quilting first got big there. Many, many fond memories of that time in my life.

My Mom entered one of her quilts this year. i have not heard how she did.