Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New Quilting Retreat in West Virginia

New Quilting Retreat in West Virginia

Check out the new Quilting Retreat in West Virginia - www.doubleoretreat.com. Just opened in the fall and already half booked for the 2012 year. Any questions email: doubleoretreat@gmail.com. Great place, lots of space, fantastic food - you will LOVE it!

Thanks for sharing. It looks beautiful!
    Mom to 2 Future Stitchers....Wife to One Great Hubby!
    "Once A Phi Sigma Sigma, Always A Phi Sigma Sigma!"

This really sounds fantastic. Are they really booked ALL of 2012?

Blog Entries
    Delightful. I was excited until I saw that it would only accommodate 12 people.

Hello

They are HALF booked, so 26 weekends left! All the parties that have visited the Double O so far have booked again for the 2012 year! Some booked not one but two weekends they loved it so much!

Blog Entries
    So, is this an invitation? Should we book a weekend and gather a group. It's about a 10 hour drive for me, but I love the area, and would be willing to make the trip and meet new folks. Fitting it into my schedule may be a bit tricky, but I'd give it a try.

I drove through there frequently to visit my parents. The Paw Paw tunnel is a beautiful walk through a tunnel on the C&O canal near there, if you have time to explore the area that is. The original woodwork is still in there and has the grooves in it where the rope burns are present from the mules pulling the barges along the canal. The river is the Potomac River that separates WV and MD. It is mountainous and beautiful area.
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

Beautiful setting and onlly 4 1/2 hours away from me.
    Alas, even thought the price seems reasonable, I cannot afford for sometime to go. So...

Quote Originally Posted by onlyonecolleen View Post
    Check out the new Quilting Retreat in West Virginia - www.doubleoretreat.com. Just opened in the fall and already half booked for the 2012 year. Any questions email: doubleoretreat@gmail.com. Great place, lots of space, fantastic food - you will LOVE it!
    My folks live in Charleston, WV, and I'd love to go to a quilting retreat there if you want to organize one!