North Dakotan's Reunion?

Old 12-31-2010, 08:07 AM

If your from North Dakota, and would like to return and visit. If your IN North Dakota, and would like to connect with quilters on this board also living here. If your close to ND (eastern MT, western MN, southern Canada above ND, or northern SD) and would like to jump in and join us.
I'd love to organize a gathering where we connect through this quilt board.
We have our largest State Quilt Show in Fargo ND in Fall.
We have Medora ND Retreat, smaller, very fun in Oct. We have Bismarck show in Nov, and Minot show in Spring.
If your interested in a large quilt display, lots of venders, lots of great classes, then I'd suggest Fargo. If you want it more intimate & fun, Medora has a couple venders, great classes including natl teacher also. Opposite ends of the state.
I'd love to be the connecting support to bring us together, at least during the banquet & trunk show, maybe a fun luncheon with those of us on Quilt Board attending.
If you live in ND, I'm in Washburn (house) and in Williston (apartment), and Love to connect with quilters, PM me for how we could get together. Debbie
Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM

That sounds like it would be lots of fun. Minot is about 80 miles from where we live just over the North Dakota border in Manitioba. We go to Minot occasionally and would love to meet up sometime. I have never been to the quilt show in Minot but would love to go.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:42 AM

Put me on your list! I think I am the only one from my town on the board, but there are several in my guild who love to travel to shows and retreats. And thank you for getting us organized!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 PM

If your interested because of the Natl. Teacher, or go see wonderful ND (before snow), our Medora Retreat is 1st wknd of October. Here is a link which includes photo's from this fall http://www.badlandsquilters.com/
And the link to next year's Natl Teacher Deb Karasik http://www.debkarasik.com/

I'd love to have anyone be able to attend. Retreat is $220 which includes classes & meals, you pay for patterns, fabric or kits extra. We also have awesome state teachers. This is a small retreat, not over crowded or loud. Only 2 venders each year, but they bring a lot.
I've squeezed in 5 classes ea yr as I want to take all I can, but some only do the Natl Teacher, or 1-2 classes and open quilt & visit. Meals have always been very good.
This retreat avg's 80 participants. Classes are small enough to get attention from the teacher and time to do a majority of your project. We do themes, in past have been 50's, Christmas, last year was Aprons, 2011 is Hat's.
This is one idea for a way the "local" Quilt Board members could meet at a retreat, ND and around... or distant and willing to travel.
Motel is AmericInn $65/night and full continental breakfast. If someone wanted to come, let me know, I'd love to have you. Debbie
Old 01-01-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
If your interested because of the Natl. Teacher, or go see wonderful ND (before snow), our Medora Retreat is 1st wknd of October. Here is a link which includes photo's from this fall http://www.badlandsquilters.com/
And the link to next year's Natl Teacher Deb Karasik http://www.debkarasik.com/

I'd love to have anyone be able to attend. Retreat is $220 which includes classes & meals, you pay for patterns, fabric or kits extra. We also have awesome state teachers. This is a small retreat, not over crowded or loud. Only 2 venders each year, but they bring a lot.

II've squeezed in 5 classes ea yr as I want to take all I can, but some only do the Natl Teacher, or 1-2 classes and open quilt & visit. Meals have always been very good.
This retreat avg's 80 participants. Classes are small enough to get attention from the teacher and time to do a majority of your project. We do themes, in past have been 50's, Christmas, last year was Aprons, 2011 is Hat's.
This is one idea for a way the "local" Quilt Board members could meet at a retreat, ND and around... or distant and willing to travel.
Motel is AmericInn $65/night and full continental breakfast. If someone wanted to come, let me know, I'd love to have you. Debbie
I grew up in N. Dakota...my husband worked for Basin Elec & we lived in Stanton many years..I have family in N. Dakota..I would like to go back to N.D. this summer...possibly I could incorporate a meeting or attend the retreat...not sure if I will be able to go back...thankyou for doing this....gee, Washburn is right across the river from Stanton....:)
Old 01-01-2011, 09:19 AM

Good Job Debbie Hope we get a lot of new people for the retreat. Maybe you will win the free retreat next year. Hope to see you in Medora for the Overnight Sew this month
Old 01-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Debbie, I was born and raised about 60 miles from Fargo and as of a year ago have moved to NE Minnesota. I have lived in several different states outside of ND over the last 44 years. My sister still lives on the farm in ND. It would be fun to attend the Fargo event in the fall before bad weather sets in. Cheryl
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kelela
Debbie, I was born and raised about 60 miles from Fargo and as of a year ago have moved to NE Minnesota. I have lived in several different states outside of ND over the last 44 years. My sister still lives on the farm in ND. It would be fun to attend the Fargo event in the fall before bad weather sets in. Cheryl
Please keep in touch if your going to attend Fargo, I was't sure if I would, but if we have Quilt Board ladies attending from the NDs, it be fun to meet together. Debbie