Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
North of Sacramento to Colfax/Nevada City >

North of Sacramento to Colfax/Nevada City

North of Sacramento to Colfax/Nevada City

Old 08-03-2011, 08:58 AM

I just finished reading about the pluses and minuses of joining quilt groups. I just joined one a few months ago, both to learn more about quilting and to have quilting friends. Joining has always been hard for me, I'm a bit of a loner, but I miss having close friends since we moved to the north of Sacramento-to Colfax area, and quilting is my passion... I think this guild is going to be a good fit for me.

BUT I really like the attitude reflected in the QB group and I would love to have a closer contact with some of the members of this group if anyone is willing (is this allowed?). I had a few PMs with an "art" quilter a few hours north and I treasured the "feel" of the few times we interacted (I also do "art" quilts, as well as regular ones).

Are there any of you in this area who would like to make contact? I am interested in all styles of quilting, self taught (so I have great gaps in my quilt-knowledge), liberated by Gees Bend, do "charity" quilts as well as for family, am doing my first quilt we will keep (it looks like its turning out to be a 7x8' wall handing lol), have access to my newphew's "craft/exercise room" for quilting, am lucky enough to have a wonderful husband.

Feedback on whether such a gathering (on-line or in person) would work as a spin-off of QB) would be appreciated, as well as local response.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:00 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: You'll find someone here!! :-)
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM

I like in Elk Grove...are you near me?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace
I like in Elk Grove...are you near me?
Hey Candace,

I read in another thread (and can't find it now) that she's in the Colfax area. Not that far up the hill.

Waving from Elverta (by Sacramento).
Old 08-04-2011, 06:45 AM

I live in Folsom, east of Sacramento. There is a small quilt guild that meets monthly at Sew Fun Fabrics on Folsom Auburn Rd called Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild. This quilting board along with several quilting blogs I read give me tons of ideas for my quilting. If you would like to communicate and share ideas, that would be fun.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:24 AM

Hi, I live in Cameron Park, it is between Folsom and Placerville off hiway 50. I would love to chat/ meet up with you. I am new to this area and looking for quilting buddies.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:42 AM

If you would like to open it up to those of us in other parts of Northern Cal I would be interested in meeting a few times a year.

Robin from Napa
Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 AM

I am fairly new to Folsom as well, having moved here in 2005 from the bay area. The Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild next meeting is Saturday August 20th at the Sew Fun Fabric store on Folsom Auburn Rd at 10am and lasts until around noon. You are welcome to come. Join on the website and the webmaster Jenniffer will keep you posted on happenings regard it. You have a quilt store that just moved to your area from Green Valley Rd called Shared Stitches. Have you been there?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:55 AM

Sierra there is a shop right in Colfax. You might check with them and see if they have a guild or maybe a get together day. Our LQS has what they call Saturday Stitchers. It's a lot of fun. They do a BOM and people bring show-n-tell and they always have a fun time. They make cookies and coffee to serve.
Here's the info for the shop in Colfax. I think there are some shops in Nevada City and Grass Valley too.
Whistle Stop Quilt Shop
(530) 346-8482
54 N Main St, Colfax, CA
Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b sittin' & quiltin' on the Cal-Ore border
Old 08-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Hi Murphy 1 and sassymoose...I live in Sacramento and had a best friend in Eldorado Hills so I am in your area. I am wanting to go to the new Stitching Station, want to meet up?