Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Okie quilters met at claremore quilt show >

Okie quilters met at claremore quilt show

Okie quilters met at claremore quilt show

Old 10-23-2010, 05:40 AM

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share with you that Melinda in tulsa, Hazel jane and Myself Lynnejean all met at the Claremore quilt show. Although Melinda and I are every week sewing buddies we had not met Hazel Jane. It was a pleasure and we got to see one of her purses she makes to help support her greyhound rescue. Its was really cute! We shopped at the vendors and Oooo and Ahhh over the quilts. We found out about some quilt shops in some near by towns that we concluded required us to visit on a soon to be planned fabric road trip. Here is a picture of us I am on the left, Melinda in the middle and Hazel Jane on the right.
If anyone else that lives near the tulsa area would like to meet up please email me. I would LOVE to meet you! :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100457.jpe  
Old 10-23-2010, 07:46 AM

We had such a nice time! I was sad not to be able to continue on to lunch. But now that we've met, we'll meet again. Jeannie says she'll teach me how to do zippers! Yeah!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 AM

OMG! My eyes are closed. I look horrible! :oops:

We really had a great time and it was so nice to finally meet Maggie (Hazel Jane). Would love to meet some other quilters around Tulsa!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:39 AM

What fun. I went to Georgia in Sept and met two ladies from another board and we had such a lovely visit. Went to a quilt shop and then to lunch. I don't expect to get to Tulsa but I feel like I know you all from your picture and reading posts. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for sharing your meet with us! It sound like you had a great time :D:D:D
Old 10-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Google Goddess

great, glad you got to meet some quilters in your area, please start a thread on the offline for your area, I am sure you will meet more quilters from this board,

have fun and thanks for sharing your pictures with us
Old 10-24-2010, 04:50 PM

wish I was closer, I'm in Oklahoma City, but love to meet up with other quilters. I do meet with some almost every week, but I'm not sure any of them are on this quilt forum.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:08 AM

Glad you had a good time! Always good to meet other quilters. I didn't get to go to the show in Claremore because I was working at The Log Cabin in Leonard, Ok which is a suburb of Tulsa/Bixby for my friend Diana (owner of The Log Cabin). I am attaching a link to their website in case you get a chance to visit the shop. I think you will like it. Let her know you have a group coming and she will put on the coffee and cookies.

www.leonardlogcabin.com
Old 10-25-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Thepecanlady
Glad you had a good time! Always good to meet other quilters. I didn't get to go to the show in Claremore because I was working at The Log Cabin in Leonard, Ok which is a suburb of Tulsa/Bixby for my friend Diana (owner of The Log Cabin). I am attaching a link to their website in case you get a chance to visit the shop. I think you will like it. Let her know you have a group coming and she will put on the coffee and cookies.

www.leonardlogcabin.com

ah ha....I know who you are! I think the Log Cabin is tied for my fav quilt shop!!!!! You are only just a few miles from me. I love it, but you need to be open 7 days a week :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 AM

Have we met? Are you going to be at the book signing on November 13th?