Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come! >

Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come!

Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
OK update here,
After just getting Razzed by hubby on the phone for bowing out, I am taking Karen up on her offer to pick me up.
So if the offer still stands Karen there is a PM waiting for you with my addy.
I can't wait... :lol:
Faith :XD:
Yeah, Faith still gets to come! Thank you Karen for arranging to bring her!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:12 PM

Thank you two doods for opening your home and for a wonderful afternoon. It was a fun get together again. Show and tell was awesome with all the beautiful quilts.

Cobalt it was so nice to meet you and find out how close you live to all of us. Welcome to the board. We are looking forward to seeing you more. Sorry for your pain. But just think of all the sewing you are able to do while you are off work! :lol: :lol:

Sewcornie, Karen and quiltingnonie it was so nice to see you again and your beautiful projects.

Looking forward to our next gathering!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:21 PM

Yes, 2Doods, thank you so much! What a fun afternoon we had! It was nice to meet you, Cobalt, and great to see everyone else too. I'm already looking forward to the next gathering. :-D :-D
Old 09-18-2010, 07:52 PM

Thank you 2 Doods for having me over and sharing your home. Which is beautiful by the way. I had a great time meeting you all and when hubby asked if I had a good time I had a huge grin on my face. :-D Nuf said...
Karen thank you so much for the ride and I look forward to quilting my next quilt at your house. LOL Kidding. Guess you better get that quilting frame and machine up and running soon huh? ;-)
I loved everyones quilts and projects as well.You all are so talented. Guess I need to get to work on my next quilt huh? I need to get to the sewing shop and get me a manual for that Pfaff tomorrow.
I loved meeting the furry members of your family too 2Doods.
Thank you all again for allowing me into your circle of friends. Means alot to me.
Have a wonderful weekend.:lol:
Old 09-18-2010, 08:42 PM

I also had a great time! It was nice to take an afternoon just for relaxing with those who share the same hobby and passion that I have. Thanks 2Doods for hosting, I loved your place. I eyeballed one for sale as we left. I just might have to consider it!

Ladies, your work is awesome! Cobalt, you're right, I've got to get that machine running! Canning season is almost over for me so I will get my wish really soon!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:21 PM

What an enjoyable afternoon.....I think I could have stayed there on into the night! A huge thank you to Alice for sharing her little piece of paradise with us. And it was fun to get to know our newest member, Cobaltjars...and hope you join us again next time. And Karen, I was so impressed that you PRACTICE hand quilting...it has inspired me to try again, and perhaps not be so quick to send everything out to the LAQ. And Jen, if my 1st grandchild is a girl,--I'll let you know in Nov -- I just might have to hire you to make a doll quilt - your work is totally amazing! And Cindy, I forsee several tablerunners in your future - good luck with that! LOL
Old 09-18-2010, 09:49 PM

2Doods here is that website for the free- 365 Free Motion quilting designs I told you about.

http://www.daystyledesigns.com/365project.htm

Karen you might like these too.
Hope this is something that you can use.
Enjoy, :lol:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:13 AM

Ladies-
It was so much fun to have all of you here! Loved all the amazing "show and tell". You are welcome to come back out anytime! Bring your projects and we can have a "sit and sew".

Colbalt-So nice to meet you. Thanks for the website. I'll be checking that out.

Karen-which house? We went through one a couple of weeks ago. It was on 5 acres and had something like 10 thousand sq ft. with 9 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, HUGE living room that would make a great quilting studio- with room for all of us! And with that many bedrooms everyone could spend the night too. Every once in awhile DH will make a comment about needing that house. I would hate to have to clean it! :lol: Forget the riding lawn mower-you would need a riding vacuum! It doesn't come up on my search anymore so I wonder if someone is buying it.

I am going to work really hard to get my new room together so I can get back to quilting. Looking forward to our next gathering!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:17 AM

With 1 year 'til retirement, we keep talking about downsizing...but WOW that house sounds tempting! Gotta keep buying those lottery tickets :)
Old 09-19-2010, 07:30 AM

Alice,
It was the one for sale before the green one almost to the highway on the left. I was admiring the green one myself. LOL
I hope I didn't talk too much yesterday. I was pretty nervous, I talk ALOT when I'm nervous... :?
Still had a blast though. :wink: