Paducah?

Old 03-20-2016, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

Thank you, cj!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I just decided today to go! I booked a room in a B and B. Can anyone tell me where would be a good place to find parking?
The big parking lot across from the Museum is free about 3 blocks from the convention center. You can park on the residential side streets right around the center too...usually can find parking withing a couple of blocks. Many businesses will open their parking lots and charge a fee (usually given to charity) There's a nursing home right beside the center that charges $10 but you need to get there early between 8 and 8:30. You can go in to the convention center and get a coffee and fruit or pastry...or talk to the yoyo ladies. while you wait...although on Opening Day there is a mad crush to get in. If you bring a little quilt or quilt block, you get to go in a 'special' line. Wednesday is usually the most crowded and I do other things besides the main show. Go to Hacocks, the Cherry Center, Eleanor Burns and Finkles first...then do the show on Thursday and Friday.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melodyr View Post
The big parking lot across from the Museum is free about 3 blocks from the convention center. You can park on the residential side streets right around the center too...usually can find parking withing a couple of blocks. Many businesses will open their parking lots and charge a fee (usually given to charity) There's a nursing home right beside the center that charges $10 but you need to get there early between 8 and 8:30. You can go in to the convention center and get a coffee and fruit or pastry...or talk to the yoyo ladies. while you wait...although on Opening Day there is a mad crush to get in. If you bring a little quilt or quilt block, you get to go in a 'special' line. Wednesday is usually the most crowded and I do other things besides the main show. Go to Hacocks, the Cherry Center, Eleanor Burns and Finkles first...then do the show on Thursday and Friday.
Thank you Melody, I'm taking notes! So excited about going....
Old 03-23-2016, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thank you Melody, I'm taking notes! So excited about going....
As soon as they post the schedule for the church meals, I'll post it here. The churches in downtown Paducah really out-do themselves and the meals are scrumptious. Each one gets a night so they don't compete and it is really nice.