Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Eastern Suffolk County, Long Island Quilters Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/eastern-suffolk-county-long-island-quilters-group-t161364.html)

born2bfree67 10-18-2011 10:52 AM

hi ladies,
anyone live on long island? i live in medford and hold a quilters group on saturday's from 10am-2pm. the fee is $5 per person.
i have a full finished heating basement for this stitch n bitch group.....lol
let me know if anyone would like to chat to discuss this more.
thanks much.
`

thomp116 10-18-2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by born2bfree67
hi ladies,
anyone live on long island? i live in medford and hold a quilters group on saturday's from 10am-2pm. the fee is $5 per person.
i have a full finished heating basement for this stitch n bitch group.....lol
let me know if anyone would like to chat to discuss this more.
thanks much.
`

Darn...grew up in Ridge, but it's a little too far for me to travel now! Maybe I can meet you sometime when I visit my brother!

barri1 10-18-2011 06:14 PM

I live in the five towns.. Near JFK.. If you have a chance, PM me.. I don't know if I could do it often, but yes.. Don't know if I'd get a bunch of sewing done.. but it would be a hoot..
Barri

imnywoman 10-19-2011 07:19 AM

Oh darn, wish I was still on the Island. I used to live in Patchogue (and Medford, the Pines) and that would have been perfect for me. I used to go to 112 Sewing on Saturdays for classes. Maybe when I come up to visit, I'll join you. Good luck!

born2bfree67 10-19-2011 07:27 AM

Sewing 112 is still there and christine is still as nice as she was 15 years ago. let me know if you are ever up here and we can go fabric shopping.

terry leffler 10-19-2011 02:38 PM

I still go to 112 Sewing as well as Pieceful Quilting in Riverhead & East Northport, and now Beyond the Thimble right here in Setauket.
I couldn't come every week but I'd love to drop in when I can - you're only down the road from me.
Please pm me with your phone # and directions.
Terry in Setauket

imnywoman 10-19-2011 07:56 PM

I will definitely do that. Chris, Kathleen, Maureen, Mickey are all wonderful ladies. Have fun with your group.
PS~Just saw your youtube video, WOW! Your fabric collection is amazing!! What I really can't believe is how well organized you are!! I have a brother 4000D, a serger, a Hinterburg Weekender mid-arm on an 8 ft frame, a serger and a back up singer, which currently needs some repair. Am now looking to buy a heavy duty or industrial machine because my brother is too fussy when it comes to threads and very expensive to repair. Planning to save it mainly for embroidery. All this is crammed into one room...would love a 2nd room, lol.

born2bfree67 10-20-2011 03:52 AM

thanks for viewing my sewing room. i'm planning on taking another video because i have added more fabric and organized even better. i also want to show my baby lock 18" with the pinnacle frame. stay tuned!