Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   going to Lancaster (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/going-lancaster-t66524.html)

adyldrop 09-24-2010 08:15 AM

We're leaving the island tonight after 6....gonna stay all day tomorrow. It's been a while since I've gone; what are the good places I wanna go to???

daffodil 09-24-2010 08:43 AM

the first thing I suggest is to stop and pick up a yellow "tourist map" it's a very good thing to have, very easy to follow!

a few favs:
Sauder's in Denver, not too far out of Lancaster
Petersheim's-- GREAT place, they have lots of finished quilts, and a back room full of fabric, they are in Bird in Hand, if you follow RT 896 out of Lancaster, at the T intersection, go right, and they are just down on the right, don't miss them, you'll regret it!

Cedar Lane is in New Holland, on Orlan Rd, great place to buy multi pack blades at a great price

last, find Obie's Country Store , on Rte 23 in Goodville, you will be AMAZED at the fabric they have packed in there!! Do not expect a quilt shop, as they are not!! The place is hap hazard, but if you are looking for something, ask the owner, who usually works there, and she will go right to the perfect spot to find it for you. Upstairs they have finished quilts, Amish, at extremely reasonable prices!! This is a one of a kind place, almost like a warehouse, but the best prices out there-- my husband and I were just there last week, and I had to climb a ladder to shop for yellows, LOL, I loved it!!
good luck, have fun!!

adyldrop 09-24-2010 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by daffodil
the first thing I suggest is to stop and pick up a yellow "tourist map" it's a very good thing to have, very easy to follow!

a few favs:
Sauder's in Denver, not too far out of Lancaster
Petersheim's-- GREAT place, they have lots of finished quilts, and a back room full of fabric, they are in Bird in Hand, if you follow RT 896 out of Lancaster, at the T intersection, go right, and they are just down on the right, don't miss them, you'll regret it!

Cedar Lane is in New Holland, on Orlan Rd, great place to buy multi pack blades at a great price

last, find Obie's Country Store , on Rte 23 in Goodville, you will be AMAZED at the fabric they have packed in there!! Do not expect a quilt shop, as they are not!! The place is hap hazard, but if you are looking for something, ask the owner, who usually works there, and she will go right to the perfect spot to find it for you. Upstairs they have finished quilts, Amish, at extremely reasonable prices!! This is a one of a kind place, almost like a warehouse, but the best prices out there-- my husband and I were just there last week, and I had to climb a ladder to shop for yellows, LOL, I loved it!!
good luck, have fun!!

SWEET!!!Thanks!!!!!!

cherylynne 09-24-2010 11:12 AM

I like the Hayloft near Morgantown and Zooks in Intercourse.

coastienest 09-24-2010 04:49 PM

The Old Country Store in Intercourse is really nice. Great prices on fabrics. This is right near Zooks as cherylnne told you of. They also have a quilt museum on the 2nd floor.
Enjoy your trip

keesha_ont 09-26-2010 05:27 AM

Burkholders in Dever - you can spend about 5 hours browsing their store...

adyldrop 09-26-2010 07:59 PM

bought some at the country store nd at zooks. Fabrics from zooks were 3-4 bucks cheaper then on-line prices and the collections are still pre-order only...i did good!!

hapytlk 09-27-2010 04:28 PM

In Intercourse there is Zooks and Old Country Store..branch out to Sauders (Zooks has map)...hayloft is great and so is Burkholders up in Denver PA (still Lancaster)...great prices at Sauders and Zooks..great selection at all of them.

Cheryl 09-30-2010 05:10 PM

Well if you go up around intercourse and New Holland You have to stop at Shadey Maple if you are Hungry they have a WOOOOONNNNNNderful Buffet . So Delicious......
And you're not that far out of Morgantown for the other quilt shops. Have Fun Take Your Time