Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Help me plan my Lancaster Quilt shop hop! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/help-me-plan-my-lancaster-quilt-shop-hop-t56859.html)

sunflower126 09-20-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Susabella29

Originally Posted by MZStitch
Thank you very much! I've mapquested Buckholders to Saunders to Hayloft! Sounds like a great quilt shop hop to me! I appreciate your feedback, with little time to shop I didn't want to shop stores others didn't recommend!

Don't miss the Binny Kinna Quilt Shop in Intercourse. Right on the Phil. Pike. As you head out of town towards Bird in Hand there is a quilt shop on the right (near the Amish Schoolhouse) (maybe Bird in Hand Quilt Shop) and they have great prequilted fabs for purses, totes, etc. Just before you go under the bridge in Bird in Hand there is another shop on the right (don't know the name). There is also a small shop a little further down the left with a little sign out front, Sylia's Quilts. I wish I had all the names, but I am in NH for the summer and all my notes for our annual trip in March are in FL. All these places sell fabric. We (8 of us) go every year and we look for new places always. We have not been happy with Burkholder's since it is under new ownership.

When was the last time you were in Burkholders? The gentlemen who owns it has taken it back from the people who running it for awhile. We weren't happy with it either. Our last trip was a different story. A lot of new fabric that is beautiful and fairly priced. Give it another chance I think you will be happy.

Susabella29 09-20-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126

Thank you very much! I've mapquested Buckholders to Saunders to Hayloft! Sounds like a great quilt shop hop to me! I appreciate your feedback, with little time to shop I didn't want to shop stores others didn't recommend!

Don't miss the Binny Kinna Quilt Shop in Intercourse. Right on the Phil. Pike. As you head out of town towards Bird in Hand there is a quilt shop on the right (near the Amish Schoolhouse) (maybe Bird in Hand Quilt Shop) and they have great prequilted fabs for purses, totes, etc. Just before you go under the bridge in Bird in Hand there is another shop on the right (don't know the name). There is also a small shop a little further down the left with a little sign out front, Sylia's Quilts. I wish I had all the names, but I am in NH for the summer and all my notes for our annual trip in March are in FL. All these places sell fabric. We (8 of us) go every year and we look for new places always. We have not been happy with Burkholder's since it is under new ownership.

When was the last time you were in Burkholders? The gentlemen who owns it has taken it back from the people who running it for awhile. We weren't happy with it either. Our last trip was a different story. A lot of new fabric that is beautiful and fairly priced. Give it another chance I think you will be happy.

We are always open to try new or old places. Have you been to Obie's? What an experience! Should be seen at least once in your life!

sunflower126 09-21-2011 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126

We are always open to try new or old places. Have you been to Obie's? What an experience! Should be seen at least once in your life!

I have not been to Obie's or even heard of it. We are heading to that area on Oct 2 for 4 days. We will have to check it out. We too are always looking for new places.

Susabella29 09-21-2011 09:34 AM

It came right up on my GPS