Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Lancaster show 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/lancaster-show-2013-a-t206107.html)

Jerudy 11-15-2012 06:12 PM

Lancaster show 2013

Just browsing the Lancaster show class schedule and saw that Eleanor Burns will be having a few classes, now I can't wait to go. I've gone to Lancaster the past 3 years, but have never taken any classes, just attended the seminars, I think I'm going to sign up for her classes, has anyone ever taken one?

Who else it going?

Bcfernurse 11-17-2012 06:34 AM

I plan to go and would actualy like to spend a night or two there so I can take my time looking and not have to drive home the same day..

Phillyquilter 11-17-2012 05:29 PM

Where,when? I would like to spend some time in Lancaster

Bcfernurse 11-17-2012 07:17 PM

lancaster show

Originally Posted by Phillyquilter (Post 5663860)
Where,when? I would like to spend some time in Lancaster

Google Lancaster Quilt Show AQS...there is actually 2 going on at the same time. One where it use to be and the bigger one at the convention center in downtown Lancaster. Think its around March 16th?? Directions for parking and getting the shuttle. Otherwise the other show is on Route 30.near Dutch Wonderland. Both are posted online..

Lori S 11-17-2012 07:35 PM

Anyone I have ever talked to that attended any of Eleanor Burns classes , talks etc.... has loved it.

Jerudy 12-03-2012 07:34 AM

Woohoo, I'm in, anyone else?

RonieM 12-07-2012 10:36 AM

I actually went on a Quilting Cruise to Alaska and Eleanor was the teacher. Love her! She is just so much fun and is a great teacher. I signed up for my Lancaster classes already and am taking her Thursday morning class and attending her lecture Thursday night. Let me know if you are going to attend either of these, as I would love to meet a QB member.

Jerudy 12-07-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by RonieM (Post 5704309)
I actually went on a Quilting Cruise to Alaska and Eleanor was the teacher. Love her! She is just so much fun and is a great teacher. I signed up for my Lancaster classes already and am taking her Thursday morning class and attending her lecture Thursday night. Let me know if you are going to attend either of these, as I would love to meet a QB member.

Ronie, I am attending her lecture Thurs night, and her class on Saturday morning, register for the Thurs class, because I will just be arriving on Thurs. Perhaps we can hoop up at the lecture or the show Thursday.

I would much rather be going on a cruise to Alaska with Eleanor!!!!!

GEMRM 01-06-2013 05:38 PM

This will be the first time I have gone to this show, convinced a friend we could drive down for a few days. We are reserved for the Cork Factory, which is about a mile from the convention centre according to AQS website.
Will we have to walk? Will there be a taxi? The hotel does not have a shuttle planned.
Also, what tips can past attendees give?
We want to make the most of our days there.
Do we have to be a member of AQS to buy advance tickets on line?
Any answers and tips appreciated,
Thank you,
GEMRM

Jerudy 02-27-2013 08:56 AM

Yayy, only 2 weeks away, show passes and class tickets have arrived, can't wait!