Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Liqs in garden city (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/liqs-garden-city-t243707.html)

ro 03-22-2014 01:40 PM

Liqs in garden city

just came back from this show. and although it was small it is not a show to be dismissed. there were more than enough quilts to look at to oh and ah at. some beautiful quilts. there was a memorial section of quilts and one was there from a very dear quilt teacher laura. the vendors were nice too. they had a nice assortment. there was one gal there from brooklyn (cant remember the name offhand); but she had trims w/candy canes, trees, hearts, leaves, and quite a few halloween trims. nice booth. we had a nice time. looking forward to this show again. and the ladies there were great. loved the demo that barbara put on. she really had patience!

Krystyna 03-23-2014 05:51 AM

Hi Ro, I went with my husband and a gentleman neighbor of ours and we really enjoyed ourselves. I was looking for some of the QB members who said they'd be there, but no luck. Sorry we didn't meet up. The quilts were wonderful and I'm amazed at how trends change with each show. This was the first time I went to a quilt show and saw that many of the fabrics were cheaper than Joann! Nonetheless, I left purchasing nothing but raffle tickets and writing a check to update my membership in the guild.

ro 03-23-2014 06:49 AM

there was a posting about the show & i thought it was for meeting up. but it wasnt i have no idea what the post was for. i did casually see lynnie. but i wouldnt know any of the members from this board except bari. have no idea why long islanders dont want to correspond w/other long islanders. could have been a nice day chit chatting.

Krystyna 03-24-2014 02:56 AM

Ro, I wish I knew you were going. Would have loved to meet and chat. I don't think there are too many Long Islanders here. Next time there is a Long Island show I will make a point of getting in touch with you. Oh! And I got a call yesterday late in the afternoon ... I won a basket! The show's theme was a trip around the world and I won Greece :) No fabric or sewing notions in it, but a lot of fun Greek themed stuff.

jeanneb52 03-24-2014 03:01 AM

I attended it yesterday with a group of ladies from the group home I manage. My ladies are "sorta quilters", well we try....Hey, what more can we ask???
But they love the local shows. Everyone there opened their hearts to the girls and treated them as fellow quilters. One of the reasons we love to go is the warm heartedness of the quilters. If you were there and spoke to the girls I thank you! The quilts were wonderful and the day was a great success.

barri1 03-24-2014 05:13 PM

I went on Sat.. It was a nice show... I bought fat quarters from one of the venders for $1 each... The quilts were nice.. I also liked the memorial section.. I didn't know any of the quilters, but loved reading about them, and seeing the quilts.. I saw lynnie, and Dotty, and didn't stay long to talk, as I was away the weekend before, and had a ton of stuff to catch up with at home..

lynnie 03-25-2014 12:45 PM

I went Saturday early, saw Dotty and Barri and Ro. was kinda in a rush b/c I brought a non quilting friend that had to get to a party after, so we kinda rushed thru. Next year, I hope to meet with some fellow quilters and have a few more minutes available to me.

dotcomdtcm 03-25-2014 01:00 PM

A round of applause to the Guild members who made such great things to sell. I wish I had bought more. Great craftsmanship and a good value.