Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Lolly's in Shipshewana, Indiana (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/lollys-shipshewana-indiana-t211034.html)

karenpatrick 01-17-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by peggy119 (Post 5792405)
I plan on this sale every year. My husband usually comes with me and he just stands there and lets me pile him up with bolts of fabrics. It is also a great time to get things like layer cakes, jelly roles, etc. that don't need to be cut.
I live about 1 hour away and it is worth getting up early and putting on those jammies for!!

So, if I see a man standing still, piled with bolts that'll be your DH? Should I say "hello?"

AnnetteB 01-17-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick (Post 5792558)
Those are the prices all the time in the basement.

I go to Lolly's twice a month for Moda Club and Pathways to Patchwork. The prices have gone up at A Little Bit of Lolly's to 7.95 per yard and fat quarters are 12 for $2.50 or 2.75 each in the boat. So $5.95 and $1:00 a fat quarter is a good deal With that said: Pajama Days is alot of fun. Some quilt quilds come dressed in matching PJ's. The best outfit I saw was a boy about 6 yrs old in his PJ,s with a superman cape and Sponge Bob Square Pants slippers. Most fabric is about $10 to $12 a yard. I went with a freind and we had a great time. I live about an hour away. Hope to see you there.

karenpatrick 01-18-2013 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnetteB (Post 5793822)
I go to Lolly's twice a month for Moda Club and Pathways to Patchwork. The prices have gone up at A Little Bit of Lolly's to 7.95 per yard and fat quarters are 12 for $2.50 or 2.75 each in the boat. So $5.95 and $1:00 a fat quarter is a good deal With that said: Pajama Days is alot of fun. Some quilt quilds come dressed in matching PJ's. The best outfit I saw was a boy about 6 yrs old in his PJ,s with a superman cape and Sponge Bob Square Pants slippers. Most fabric is about $10 to $12 a yard. I went with a freind and we had a great time. I live about an hour away. Hope to see you there.

I was there just before Christmas and bought fabric in the basement for 5.95 a yard and I bought a fat quarter for my granddaughter but i don't know how much it was. I asked the clerk for the prices and she said everything was 5.95 a yard. I only get to go there a couple of times a year when I'm visiting my son and family. Maybe they were having a sale.

karenpatrick 01-18-2013 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick (Post 5794846)
I was there just before Christmas and bought fabric in the basement for 5.95 a yard and I bought a fat quarter for my granddaughter but i don't know how much it was. I asked the clerk for the prices and she said everything was 5.95 a yard. I only get to go there a couple of times a year when I'm visiting my son and family. Maybe they were having a sale.

If you see the shortest grey haired old lady you have ever seen, that will be me.

happyquiltmom 01-23-2013 06:00 AM

I live only 20 minutes away, but I won't be there. I will be working at Caroline's Cottage Cottons in Rome City, IN. We are also having a sale that day, since we have tons of gals stopping in on their way home from Shipshe. Stop in and see me if you have the chance! :)

NewToSewing2013 02-23-2013 07:13 PM

Sounds like fun, unfortunately, I live in Southern Indiana 4 hours away. I had no idea there were so many quilters on here from Indiana like me!

karenpatrick 02-24-2013 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by NewToSewing2013 (Post 5883670)
Sounds like fun, unfortunately, I live in Southern Indiana 4 hours away. I had no idea there were so many quilters on here from Indiana like me!

You are a little late. The sale was 2/2/2013.

barbiedoll 01-12-2014 12:22 PM

I live 30 miles from Lolly's and go often. The sale is crowded, but not a mad house. However the parking can become a problem. At 9:00 (when the sale ends) they lock the doors so no one else can enter, but you will get the sale price even if it takes awhile to wait on you. They are closed until 10, they "restore" the shop and reopen at 10. Lots of fun.
Did you know there is another store called "A Little Bit of Lolly's" in the basement? It is where they sell the older bolts when the new stuff comes in. The 3 hour sale isn't happening there because it is at a discount price all the time.

barbiedoll 01-12-2014 12:24 PM

The first Saturday of February of EVERY year is their only sale.